Council Meeting 12th January 2022 – Minutes

Stay informed on what has been happening in the community and access Linux Australia meeting minutes.

Council Meeting 12th January 2022 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Sae Ra Germaine (President) Joel Addison (Vice President) Russell Stuart (Treasurer) Clinton Roy (Secretary) Jonathan Woite (Council) Neil Cox (Council) Apologies - Meeting opened at 20:25 AEDT by Sae Ra  and quorum was achieved. Minutes taken by Joel 2. Log of correspondence 3. Items for discussion PyCon 2022 Currently there is a large amount of deposit money sitting with the Adelaide Convention Centre We need to work out what to do (and what we can do) with the deposit if the decision is made that an in person event is not feasible The [...]

2022-01-15T00:15:01+11:00January 15th, 2022|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting 22nd December 2021 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Joel Addison (Vice President) Clinton Roy (Secretary) Russell Coker (Council) Russell Stuart (Treasurer) Sae Ra Germaine (President) Neil Cox (Council) Apologies -    Jonathan Woithe (Council) Meeting opened at 19:35 AEDT by Sae Ra  and quorum was achieved. Minutes taken by Clinton Roy 2. Log of correspondence  3. Items for discussion Rusty Award discussion underway. ACTION ITEM: Clinton to put up notes about the previous rules for the Rusty Award on the website. Sae Ra: someone needs to take the returning office through the accreditation officer. ACTION ITEM: Clinton and Joel to go through [...]

2022-01-15T00:06:48+11:00January 15th, 2022|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting 08th December 2021 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Joel Addison (Vice President) Clinton Roy (Secretary) Jonathan Woite (Council) Russell Coker (Council) Russell Stuart (Treasurer) Sae Ra Germaine (President) Neil Cox (Council) Apologies - Meeting opened at 19:32 AEDT by Sae Ra  and quorum was achieved. Minutes taken by Clinton Roy 2. Log of correspondence  Kathy Reid request for de-identified membership postcode/city/country data to create a map showing visual densities of member locations Sae Ra notes that she would like to show the same map at the Linux Australia talk that she is doing with Julien at LCA2022. Sae Ra suggests that [...]

2022-01-15T00:05:12+11:00January 15th, 2022|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting 24th November 2021 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Joel Addison (Vice President) Clinton Roy (Secretary) Jonathan Woite (Council) Russell Coker (Council) Russell Stuart (Treasurer) Sae Ra Germaine (President) Neil Cox (Council) Apologies - Meeting opened at 19:35 AEDT by Sae Ra  and quorum was achieved. Minutes taken by Clinton Roy 2. Log of correspondence  WA open source group. Sae Ra to continue correspondence to work out more information. Kathy’s NZ request. Discussion about the request. ACTION ITEM Sae Ra to respond to Kathy with a thank you, but no thanks. 3. Items for discussion Sae Ra has organised a dummy election, [...]

2022-01-14T19:13:29+11:00January 14th, 2022|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting 10th November 2021 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Joel Addison (Vice President) Clinton Roy (Secretary) Jonathan Woithe (Council) Russell Coker (Council) Neil Cox (Council) Apologies -    Russell Stuart (Treasurer) Sae Ra Germaine (President) Meeting opened at 19:34 AEDT by Joel Addison  and quorum was achieved. Minutes taken by Clinton Roy 2. Log of correspondence  Snail mail: Bank term deposit slips. 3. Items for discussion Defamation Law (Open Australia in particular?) We would like more information about their case. Jonathan has posted his one page summary to the list.  Clinton lays out a possible event chain that leads to someone writing a [...]

2022-01-14T19:12:07+11:00January 14th, 2022|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting 27th October 2021 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Joel Addison (Vice President) Clinton Roy (Secretary) Jonathan Woite (Council) Russell Coker (Council) Sae Ra Germaine (President) Neil Cox (Council) -    Russell Stuart (Treasurer) Apologies Meeting opened at 19:30 AEDT by Sae Ra  and quorum was achieved. Minutes taken by Clinton Roy 2. Log of correspondence Dave Sparks and Owen speaking for Drupal. First time for Dave at this meeting, taking over from Owen. Speakers are locked in, registrations trickling in, looking at 230/240 attendees. Looking at a $7k profit overall. Looking at in person events for next year. Did pull a Wellington [...]

2022-01-14T19:09:56+11:00January 14th, 2022|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting 13th October 2021 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Joel Addison (Vice President) Clinton Roy (Secretary) Jonathan Woite (Council) Russell Stuart (Treasurer) Sae Ra Germaine (President) Neil Cox (Council) -    Russell Coker (Council) Apologies Meeting opened at 19:37 AEDT by Sae Ra  and quorum was achieved. Minutes taken by Clinton Roy 2. Log of correspondence 3. Items for discussion Portfolios. Sae Ra shows her Portfolios diagram. Minor feedback is given to the diagram. Sae Ra to make some minor adjustments. LCA stuff to still deal with: Comments on social media, defamation law judgement. TODO: Jonathan to come up with a one sheet [...]

2022-01-14T19:06:44+11:00January 14th, 2022|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting 29th September 2021 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Joel Addison (Vice President) Clinton Roy (Secretary) Jonathan Woite (Council) Russell Coker (Council) Russell Stuart (Treasurer) Sae Ra Germaine (President) Apologies -    Neil Cox (Council) Meeting opened at 19:30 AEDT by Sae Ra  and quorum was achieved. Minutes taken by Clinton Roy 2. Log of correspondence   3. Items for discussion Defamation law? Clinton thinks we should be discussing it at least. Sae Ra has done some research. Sae Ra thinks we should update the email list policy such that we retain the right to remove any mails against our policy and widen [...]

2021-10-03T15:40:40+11:00October 3rd, 2021|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting 15th September 2021 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Joel Addison (Vice President) Clinton Roy (Secretary) Jonathan Woite (Council) Russell Coker (Council) Russell Stuart (Treasurer) Sae Ra Germaine (President) Neil Cox (Council) Apologies - Meeting opened at 19:31 AEDT by Sae Ra  and quorum was achieved. Minutes taken by Clinton Roy 2. Log of correspondence 3. Items for discussion Secretary forgot to invite sub committees, will do for next meeting. Richard Jones speaking on behalf of PyConline Australia. Putting together a proper report for council, probably ready in the next week. There’s an attendee survey out at the moment, and would obviously [...]

2021-10-03T15:38:37+11:00October 3rd, 2021|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting 18th August 2021 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Joel Addison (Vice President) Clinton Roy (Secretary) Jonathan Woite (Council) Russell Coker (Council) Sae Ra Germaine (President) Neil Cox (Council) Apologies -    Russell Stuart (Treasurer) Meeting opened at 19:32 AEDT by Sae Ra  and quorum was achieved. Minutes taken by Clinton Roy 2. Log of correspondence 3. Items for discussion Owen speaking for Drupal. Conference happening tomorrow. Numbers and budget looking good, about 220 attendees. Numbers are lower than hoped for, but the budget is still in the black. There are actually two events purchased by the one ticket. Founder of Drupal as [...]

2021-10-03T15:35:40+11:00October 3rd, 2021|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |
Go to Top