Council Meeting 27th April 2022 – Minutes

Council Meeting 27th April 2022 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Joel Addison (President) Wil Brown (Vice-President) Clinton Roy (Secretary) Russell Stuart (Treasurer) Jonathan Woithe (Council) Neil Cox (Council) Apologies Lilac Kapul (Council) Meeting opened at 19:33 AEST by Joel and quorum was achieved. Minutes taken by Clinton Roy 2. Log of correspondence Mail from Katie about PyCon AU archives, discussed below. 3. Items for discussion Katie McLaughlin - PyCon AU Server Exports. (original request was 16 Sept 2021) "I wanted to know if you could provide any exports/downloads of hosted websites that you have on your systems; it's okay if it's a duplicate, [...]

2022-08-28T22:19:51+10:00August 28th, 2022|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting 13th April 2022 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Joel Addison (President) Wil Brown (Vice-President) Russell Stuart (Treasurer) Jonathan Woithe (Council) Neil Cox (Council) Lilac Kapul (Council) - joined part way through Admin Team report Apologies Clinton Roy (Secretary) Meeting opened at 19:35 AEST by Joel and quorum was achieved. Minutes taken by Jonathan. 2. Log of correspondence Drupal - David Sparks (apology) Admin team - Steve Walsh and Mike Beattie Linux.au and opensource.au claim requests lodged. Linux.au is contended by linux.net.au (Netregistry, have put in a claim) and linux.id.au (a Redhat person, no claim from them yet). Suggest we reach out [...]

2022-08-28T22:14:32+10:00August 28th, 2022|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting 30th March 2022 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Joel Addison (President) Wil Brown (Vice-President) Clinton Roy (Secretary) Russell Stuart (Treasurer) Jonathan Woithe (Council) Lilac Kapul (Council) - joined 19:12, after PR vote Apologies Neil Cox (Council) Meeting opened at 20:00 AEDT by Joel and quorum was achieved. Minutes taken by Clinton 2. Log of correspondence Prod from Gold Coast LUG 3. Items for discussion A bunch of Linux Australia PRs are open, how do we decide on merging them? Review this recent one during the meeting: https://github.com/linuxaustralia/constitution_and_policies/pull/44 Clinton raises a motion to accept PR 44 to the CoC. Second: Wil Brown. [...]

2022-08-28T21:59:38+10:00August 28th, 2022|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting 16th March 2022 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Joel Addison (President) Wil Brown (Vice-President) Russell Stuart (Treasurer) Jonathan Woithe (Council) Neill Cox (Council) Lilac Kapul (Council) Apologies Clinton Roy (Secretary) Meeting opened at 20:05 AEDT by Joel and quorum was achieved. Minutes taken by Joel 2. Log of correspondence NIL 3. Items for discussion Drupal - Dave Sparks Working through budget at the moment ready to present back to LA No firm plans on holding an in person event this year, but there are some borders opening which makes things more encouraging Working on getting people interested in Drupal and giving [...]

2022-08-28T21:51:30+10:00August 28th, 2022|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting 2nd March 2022 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Joel Addison (President) Wil Brown (Vice-President) Clinton Roy (Secretary) Jonathan Woithe (Council) Russell Stuart (Treasurer) (showed up just in time for the grants discussion) Lilac Kapul (Council) (showed up at the Makerspace discussion) Apologies Neil Cox (Council) Meeting opened at 20:08 AEDT by Joel and quorum was achieved. Minutes taken by Clinton Roy 2. Log of correspondence From Kathy Reid: Building a data trust for speech data from Linux Australia conferences - a plan, and an ask On face value it appears to be a good concept, the danger is working out how [...]

2022-08-28T21:43:25+10:00August 28th, 2022|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting 16th Feburary 2022 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Joel Addison (President) Wil Brown (Vice-President) Clinton Roy (Secretary) Russell Stuart (Treasurer) Jonathan Woithe (Council) Neil Cox (Council) Apologies Lilac Kapul (Council) Meeting opened at 20:03 AEDT by Joel and quorum was achieved. Minutes taken by Clinton Roy 2. Log of correspondence Andrew Donnellan - Upcoming events for sponsorship 3. Items for discussion Mailing Lists - Aim to cleanup mailing lists and archive those that are no longer in active use. Joel has put together a spreadsheet listing everything. People are encouraged to have a look. Russell suggests being harsher, require a community [...]

2022-08-28T21:44:28+10:00August 28th, 2022|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting 2nd February 2022 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Joel Addison (President) Wil Brown (Vice-President) Clinton Roy (Secretary) Russell Stuart (Treasurer) Jonathan Woithe (Council) Neil Cox (Council) Apologies Lilac Kapul (Council) Meeting opened at 20:07 AEDT by Joel and quorum was achieved. Minutes taken by Clinton Roy 2. Log of correspondence Logan LUG 3. Items for discussion A round of introductions by each member, as this is our first meeting. Association Requirements. Joel mentions everything required to be stored about the council, by the public officer: name, address, commencement date. Disclosure of interest register. Joel has created a couple of spreadsheets where [...]

2022-08-28T21:45:40+10:00August 28th, 2022|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting 12th January 2022 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Sae Ra Germaine (President) Joel Addison (Vice President) Russell Stuart (Treasurer) Clinton Roy (Secretary) Jonathan Woite (Council) Neil Cox (Council) Apologies - Meeting opened at 20:25 AEDT by Sae Ra  and quorum was achieved. Minutes taken by Joel 2. Log of correspondence 3. Items for discussion PyCon 2022 Currently there is a large amount of deposit money sitting with the Adelaide Convention Centre We need to work out what to do (and what we can do) with the deposit if the decision is made that an in person event is not feasible The [...]

2022-01-15T00:15:01+11:00January 15th, 2022|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting 08th December 2021 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Joel Addison (Vice President) Clinton Roy (Secretary) Jonathan Woite (Council) Russell Coker (Council) Russell Stuart (Treasurer) Sae Ra Germaine (President) Neil Cox (Council) Apologies - Meeting opened at 19:32 AEDT by Sae Ra  and quorum was achieved. Minutes taken by Clinton Roy 2. Log of correspondence  Kathy Reid request for de-identified membership postcode/city/country data to create a map showing visual densities of member locations Sae Ra notes that she would like to show the same map at the Linux Australia talk that she is doing with Julien at LCA2022. Sae Ra suggests that [...]

2022-01-15T00:05:12+11:00January 15th, 2022|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting 24th November 2021 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Joel Addison (Vice President) Clinton Roy (Secretary) Jonathan Woite (Council) Russell Coker (Council) Russell Stuart (Treasurer) Sae Ra Germaine (President) Neil Cox (Council) Apologies - Meeting opened at 19:35 AEDT by Sae Ra  and quorum was achieved. Minutes taken by Clinton Roy 2. Log of correspondence  WA open source group. Sae Ra to continue correspondence to work out more information. Kathy’s NZ request. Discussion about the request. ACTION ITEM Sae Ra to respond to Kathy with a thank you, but no thanks. 3. Items for discussion Sae Ra has organised a dummy election, [...]

2022-01-14T19:13:29+11:00January 14th, 2022|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |
Go to Top