Council Meeting Tuesday 12th February 2019 – Minutes

Stay informed on what has been happening in the community and access Linux Australia meeting minutes.

Council Meeting Tuesday 12th February 2019 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Julien Goodwin, Russell Stuart, Clinton Roy, Jonathan Woithe, Miles Goodhew Apologies  Sae Ra Germaine, Josh Hesketh Meeting opened at 19:33 AEDT by Julien and quorum was achieved. Minutes taken by Julien. 2. Log of correspondence None 3. Items for discussion Sponsorship subcommittee proposal AI: Clinton to chat to 2020 team about their viewpoint Quick mention of whether just an LCA sponsorship or general. Action for Russell: we need a replacement for the invoice payment page. Still pending Russell proposes we ask Clinton to be a “payment approver”.  We had three active approvers last year (KR, [...]

2019-08-31T09:44:57+10:00February 12th, 2019|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting Tuesday 29th January 2019 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Sae Ra Germaine, Julien Goodwin, Russell Stuart, Clinton Roy, Jonathan Woithe, Joshua Hesketh, Miles Goodhew Apologies  None Meeting opened at 1932 AEDT by Sae Ra and quorum was achieved. Minutes taken by Julien. 2. Log of correspondence None 3. Items for discussion LCA2019 Code of Conduct report Quick discussion about draft report sent to council@ Note about *LA* code of conduct vs *LCA* code of conduct. General Finance status is largely still in-flight. Sae Ra intends to send a thanks mail this week, draft to be run past council. Hardware HW folk want [...]

2019-08-31T09:39:16+10:00January 29th, 2019|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting Thursday 3rd January 2019 – Minutes

Caretaker Council Agenda Thursday 03 January 2019 1. Meeting overview and key information Present Kathy, Cherie, Cameron, Russell, James, Sae Ra Apologies: Hugh Meeting opened at 1932 AEST by Kathy and quorum was achieved 2. Log of correspondence Requests for cancellation of membership. 3. Items for discussion Rusty Wrench Nominations All available at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1osQ-j5iV8GTfPGBijL06XH1Q1i9oLoS2Vo0KIOf0mk0/edit?usp=sharing Linux Australia recommends REDACTED to be awarded the Rusty Wrench award. ACTION: Kathy to go back to the Rusty Wrench to receive the yea or nay. And to organise the gift. ACTION: Cherie to organise some time for the closing ceremony Membership platform: Outstanding pieces Turn [...]

2019-01-07T06:22:12+11:00January 3rd, 2019|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

December update, and a happy holidays to all

Hi everyone, Firstly on behalf of the Council we hope that this message finds you happy, healthy and enjoying the holidays - but perhaps not so much the heat that is visiting upon much of the country - stay safe and cool. This is our last communication for 2018, and there's quite a lot to get through, so without further ado, our December update! Declaration of election, Council positions available and call for Agenda items for AGM It may be dry and boring for most people, but as an Incorporated Association, there are a few bits and pieces that legally [...]

Council Meeting Thursday 20th December 2018 – Minutes

Caretaker Council Agenda Thursday 20 December 2018 1. Meeting overview and key information Present Russell, Kathy, James, Sae Ra, Hugh Apologies: Cherie Meeting opened at 1932 AEST by Kathy and quorum was achieved 2. Log of correspondence Motions moved on list MOTION BY RUSSELL STUART that Linux Australia move $100K to the Term Deposit. SECONDED: KATHERINE REID MOTION Carried MOTION BY RUSSELL STUART that Linux Australia create a new bank account for the new treasurer’s debit card.  The new account will be "one to sign" so it is compatible with the debit card. SECONDED: SAE RA GERMAINE MOTION Carried 4. [...]

2018-12-21T16:20:12+11:00December 20th, 2018|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Extraordinary Meeting Minutes – Friday 07 December 2018

Council Extraordinary Meeting Minutes - Friday 07 December 2018 1. Meeting overview and key information Present Kathy Reid, Russell Stuart, Cameron Tudball, Hugh Blemings, Sae Ra Germaine Apologies: James Polley, Cherie Ellis Meeting opened on list at 1822AEST Friday December 07 2018 and quorum was achieved 2.  Motions moved on list As pre previous motions I am seeking to procure a Debit Card for the treasurer (ie, myself).  The card will be used to pay for all recurring payments (eg, Github accounts) and the treasurer will reconcile those payments.  Currently the payments are happening from the Presidents card, and so [...]

2019-01-07T04:58:49+11:00December 7th, 2018|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting Thursday 6th December 2018 – Minutes

Council Minutes Thursday 06 December 2018 1. Meeting overview and key information Present Mama Kat, Russell, Cameron, James, Cherie Apologies: Sae Ra, Hugh Meeting opened at 19:35 AEST by Kathy and quorum was achieved Agenda summary - key items for discussion this agenda 2. Log of correspondence Motions moved on list PSF correspondence: ACTION: We need to make sure that information is passed on to PyCon2019 team PSF require a statement each time. Make this part of PyConAU induction process. We are likely to be scrutinised more heavily due to having to report back to organisations eg Drupal for DrupalSouth [...]

2019-01-07T06:33:48+11:00December 6th, 2018|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting Thursday 22nd November 2018 – Minutes

Council Minutes Thursday 22 November 2018 1. Meeting overview and key information Present Kathy, Cherie, Sae Ra, James, Russell Apologies: Cameron, Hugh Meeting opened at 1934AEST by Kathy and quorum was achieved Agenda summary - key items for discussion this agenda 2. Log of correspondence Motions moved on list PSF correspondence: PSF bringing into line in terms of copyrights and trademarks. They have come back with very easy to meet requirements. Just letting them know that it’s a not for profit conference. ACTION: We need to make sure that information is passed on to PyCon2019 team PSF require a statement [...]

2019-01-07T06:38:52+11:00November 22nd, 2018|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting Thursday 8th November 2018 – Minutes

Council Minutes Thursday 8 November 2018 1. Meeting overview and key information Present Sith VP, Obedient Droid, James Polley, Admiral Kathbar Apologies: Hugh Blemings Meeting opened at 1938 by Kathy and quorum was achieved Agenda summary - key items for discussion this agenda 2. Log of correspondence Motions moved on list PSF correspondence: PSF bringing into line in terms of copyrights and trademarks. They have come back with very easy to meet requirements. Just letting them know that it’s a not for profit conference. ACTION: We need to make sure that information is passed on to PyCon2019 team PSF require [...]

2019-01-07T06:42:55+11:00November 8th, 2018|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting Thursday 25th October 2018 – Minutes

Council Agenda Thursday 25 October 2018 1. Meeting overview and key information Present Mon Kathma, Sith VP, Secretary Droid, Linux Australia Council, cherie Apologies: James Polley, hugh Meeting opened at 1934 by Kathy and quorum was achieved Agenda summary - key items for discussion this agenda 2. Log of correspondence Motions moved on list MOTION BY SAE RA GERMAINE that Linux Australia cancel the GovHack Xero instance.  It's costing us about $700 / yr and we don't use it. SECONDED: Russell Stuart Caried Not cancelled as yet, but once russell has recovered from being booted he will cancel it. MOTION [...]

2019-01-07T06:47:18+11:00October 25th, 2018|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |