Council Meeting Tuesday 18th June 2019 – Minutes

Council Meeting Tuesday 18th June 2019 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Joshua Hesketh, Julien Goodwin, Russell Stuart, Clinton Roy, Jonathan Woithe, Miles Goodhew   Apologies Sae Ra Germaine   Meeting opened at 1930 AEST by Josh Hesketh and quorum was achieved. Minutes taken by Julien.   2. Event Review WordCamp Brisbane/Sydney 2019 Drupal South Hobart Tech Team Joomla Day Brisbane 2019 PyconAU 2019 LCA 2020 3. Log of correspondence None 4. Items for discussion None 5. Items for noting July will have three council meetings, notably this means first meeting in August would be event review, do we keep them alternating or otherwise? 6. [...]

2019-08-31T14:36:31+10:00June 18th, 2019|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting Tuesday 4th June 2019 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Sae Ra Germaine, Joshua Hesketh, Julien Goodwin, Russell Stuart, Clinton Roy, Jonathan Woithe, Miles Goodhew Apologies  None Meeting opened at 1930 AEST by Sae Ra and quorum was achieved. Minutes were taken by Julien.   2. Log of correspondence Westpac forgotten interest payment. 3. Items for discussion ANU data breach. Extent of LA/LCA exposure Jonathan working on LA response In 2005 & 2013 accom was booked via conferences, names & special requests were likely all that was passed on to the colleges (may or may not have gotten to ANU itself). Unknown if anything further than that may [...]

2019-08-31T14:20:02+10:00June 4th, 2019|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting Tuesday 21st May 2019 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Joshua Hesketh, Julien Goodwin, Russell Stuart, Jonathan Woithe, Miles Goodhew   Apologies Sae Ra Germaine, Clinton Roy   Meeting opened at 1930 AEST by Josh and quorum was achieved. Minutes were taken by Julien.   2. Event Review WordCamp Brisbane/Sydney 2019 Drupal South Hobart Joomla Day Brisbane 2019 PyconAU 2019 LCA 2020 Tech Team   3. Log of correspondence LCA2019 financial bits. No further comments from list mails. 4. Items for discussion LA Website (wordpress)  hosting. Being charged $500/year for hosting, $5000/year for support. Paid six monthly. Hosting agreed with. Motion by Russell to pay, seconded Josh, [...]

2019-08-31T14:04:08+10:00May 21st, 2019|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting Tuesday 7th May 2019 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Sae Ra Germaine, Julien Goodwin, Russell Stuart, Clinton Roy, Jonathan Woithe, Miles Goodhew Apologies  Joshua Hesketh   Meeting opened at 19:32 AEST by Sae Ra Germaine and quorum was achieved. Minutes were taken by Julien.   2. Log of correspondence None 3. Items for discussion Consider / Approve the TechTeam Budget Notes from treasurer: I don’t believe most of this document.  The domain name renewals and APNIC renewals (10% of the total) are probably OK.  The remainder is a copy & paste of figures from previous years that bear no relationship to actual expenditure in those years. [...]

2019-08-31T14:00:39+10:00May 7th, 2019|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting Tuesday 23rd April 2019 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Sae Ra Germaine, Julien Goodwin, Russell Stuart, Clinton Roy, Jonathan Woithe, Miles Goodhew Apologies  Joshua Hesketh   Meeting opened at 1930 AEST by Sae Ra and quorum was achieved. Minutes were taken by Julien.   2. Event Review WordCamp Brisbane/Sydney Drupal South Hobart Joomla Day Brisbane 2019 PyconAU 2019 LCA 2020 Tech Team   3. Log of correspondence Reimbursement to James Polley Vendor had re-issued an invoice, reissued invoice had different details. Has been sorted Insurance should be done this week 4. Items for discussion Grants Programme,hasn’t opened yet. AI: Sae Ra to work with Jonathan to [...]

2019-08-31T11:55:47+10:00April 23rd, 2019|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting Tuesday 9th April 2019 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Jonathan Woithe, Miles Goodhew, Clinton Roy, Russell Stuart, Joshua Hesketh, Sae Ra Germaine Apologies  Julien Goodwin   Meeting opened at 17:31 AEST by Sae Ra Germaine and quorum was achieved. Minutes were taken by Jonathan.   2. Log of correspondence Various “Help” emails received through the website inquiry form. Suggestion from Sae Ra: revise website to include somewhere to direct “I need help” inquiries to. Suggestion from Jonathan: put a mini-FAQ up to suggest contacts and ways to get in touch. Miles offered to help Kathy and the Comms Subcommittee AI: Miles to [...]

2019-08-31T10:59:38+10:00April 9th, 2019|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting Tuesday 26th March 2019 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Sae Ra Germaine, Joshua Hesketh, Julien Goodwin, Russell Stuart, Clinton Roy, Jonathan Woithe, Miles Goodhew Apologies  None   Meeting opened at 19:33 AEDT by Sae Ra Germaine and quorum was achieved. Minutes were taken by Julien.   2. Event Review (Secretary's note: The first few months of these event reviews will be minute-less as it was not until August that we had agreed to release more detailed minutes.) WordCamp Brisbane 2019 Drupal South Hobart 2019 Joomla Day Brisbane 2019 PyconAU 2019 LCA 2020 3. Log of correspondence Storage rental Paying for a storage unit in Camperdown Likely [...]

2019-08-31T10:08:49+10:00March 26th, 2019|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting Tuesday 12th March 2019 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Sae Ra Germaine, Joshua Hesketh, Julien Goodwin, Clinton Roy, Jonathan Woithe, Russell Stuart Apologies  Miles Goodhew   Meeting opened at 1931 AEDT by Sae Ra and quorum was achieved. Minutes were taken by Julien. 2. Log of correspondence Sae Ra contacted Joel about ghosts, no reply as yet, discussions happening within 2020 team. Russell talking with Drupal-South re inductions OSI board voting ongoing, closing on Monday 3. Items for discussion 23rd April meeting is the Tuesday right after Easter, will that be ok for everyone? Nobody present had any significant issues, meeting will stay as-is. 4. [...]

2019-08-31T09:55:17+10:00March 12th, 2019|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting Tuesday 12th February 2019 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Julien Goodwin, Russell Stuart, Clinton Roy, Jonathan Woithe, Miles Goodhew Apologies  Sae Ra Germaine, Josh Hesketh Meeting opened at 19:33 AEDT by Julien and quorum was achieved. Minutes taken by Julien. 2. Log of correspondence None 3. Items for discussion Sponsorship subcommittee proposal AI: Clinton to chat to 2020 team about their viewpoint Quick mention of whether just an LCA sponsorship or general. Action for Russell: we need a replacement for the invoice payment page. Still pending Russell proposes we ask Clinton to be a “payment approver”.  We had three active approvers last year (KR, [...]

2019-08-31T09:44:57+10:00February 12th, 2019|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Council Meeting Tuesday 29th January 2019 – Minutes

1. Meeting overview and key information Present Sae Ra Germaine, Julien Goodwin, Russell Stuart, Clinton Roy, Jonathan Woithe, Joshua Hesketh, Miles Goodhew Apologies  None Meeting opened at 1932 AEDT by Sae Ra and quorum was achieved. Minutes taken by Julien. 2. Log of correspondence None 3. Items for discussion LCA2019 Code of Conduct report Quick discussion about draft report sent to council@ Note about *LA* code of conduct vs *LCA* code of conduct. General Finance status is largely still in-flight. Sae Ra intends to send a thanks mail this week, draft to be run past council. Hardware HW folk want [...]

2019-08-31T09:39:16+10:00January 29th, 2019|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |