1. Meeting overview and key information
- Joel Addison (Vice President)
- Clinton Roy (Secretary)
- Jonathan Woite (Council)
- Russell Coker (Council)
- Russell Stuart (Treasurer)
- Sae Ra Germaine (President)
– Neil Cox (Council)
Meeting opened at 19:30 AEDT by Sae Ra and quorum was achieved.
Minutes taken by Clinton Roy
2. Log of correspondence
3. Items for discussion
- Defamation law? Clinton thinks we should be discussing it at least. Sae Ra has done some research. Sae Ra thinks we should update the email list policy such that we retain the right to remove any mails against our policy and widen it such that the policy can be applied across all social media. Clinton suggests we just close down comments on everything till the legal state is clearer. Sae Ra thinks we can police all of our social media platforms. TODO Jonathan to look at widening the email list policy to cover all social media.
- Steve speaking for the admin team. Not a lot to report.
- Owen speaking for the Drupal team. Another event coming up, a twin event to the previous one. Tickets for the August event are valid for the November event. Call for speakers is done, announcing the program first week of October. Will push registrations again, might pick up a few more. Picked up one more sponsor. Budget is balanced already, so no red flags or anything. Good feedback on first one, have adjusted the format based on that. The attendees liked the interactive sessions, but wanted slightly less. A shuffle is happening in the committee, David Sparks stepping into the chair role, go through the formal process in October, Owen will shift to an event focus for the remainder of his term. They have booked Wellington for this year, pushed back to 2022, the venue is happy to release them from the contract. Sae Ra asks for some media for the LCA report.
- Sae Ra speaking on LCA2022: Session selection coming up on Oct 8.
AGM working bee on sunday the third, Sae Ra to send out a calendar invite.