1. Meeting overview and key information
- Joel Addison (Vice President)
- Clinton Roy (Secretary)
- Jonathan Woite (Council)
- Russell Coker (Council)
- Russell Stuart (Treasurer)
- Sae Ra Germaine (President)
- Neil Cox (Council)
Meeting opened at 19:31 AEDT by Sae Ra and quorum was achieved.
Minutes taken by Clinton Roy
2. Log of correspondence
3. Items for discussion
- Secretary forgot to invite sub committees, will do for next meeting.
- Richard Jones speaking on behalf of PyConline Australia. Putting together a proper report for council, probably ready in the next week. There’s an attendee survey out at the moment, and would obviously want the results of that before the report. Russell will still have access to the budget, no significant expenses to go. Some unknown costs around shipping of speaker gifts, Richard is ready to pack. Already had sixty responses to the survey. The safety team reported no incidents. 660 attendees in the end. On the social side of things, 50 odd people, using breakout rooms. Had a specific role to organise social event, which worked a little better. Captioning worked reasonably well, the captions are/have been uploaded into the videos; they would do it again. It is expensive. Captions were actually ahead of the video stream. Richard to ask if he can get usage numbers of the captions. Venueless usage stats are currently broken, Richard to follow up with them. Archives of old conferences are being moved up to github.
- Lca2022 cfp closed, 116 submissions, roughly ten for the miniconfs. Sae Ra and Julien have submitted a talk for LCA. Plenty of keynotes to go around, possibly enough for a PDNS. Sponsorship is looking ok. SSC meeting in a couple of weeks, call for volunteers in october.
- We have the strategy meeting booked in for october the ninth. Please continue to think about the idea of portfolios.
4. Items for noting
5. Other business
- Linux.conf.au is secured by LA, according to communications from auda.