Council Meeting Tuesday 28th January 2020 – Minutes

Council Meeting Tuesday 28th January 2020 – Minutes

2021-01-07T20:47:46+11:00January 28th, 2020|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

1. Meeting overview and key information


Sae Ra Germaine

Jonathan Woithe

Julien Goodwin

Russell Stuart

Lisa Sands

Joel Addison

Benno Rice





Meeting opened at 1931 AEDT by Sae Ra and quorum was achieved.

Minutes taken by Julien.


2. Log of correspondence

  • domain registration
    • Domain regos are going through Kathy’s card, which is being cancelled.
    • This is going to move to Sae Ra or Russell’s card.

3. Items for discussion

    • Face to Face timing?
    • Putting LA’s financial reserves to better use?
      • Russell’s idea of finding a higher-return, but similar risk parking garage for it
        • First approach to an investment advisor was less than attractive
        • Possibly some DIY approach using “best practice” (Put half of it in a term deposit, etc.)?
      • There’s probably too much liquid capital in reserve
        • Might just need enough for a couple of LCA’s and operations/liability costs
        • Maybe we could run more grants stuff more often?
        • More actively fertilise grant requests?
      • Deferred to F2F
    • Grant application from Lachlan de Waard for Ampache. [JW]
    • MOTION BY Sae Ra That Linux Australia Accepts the Grant Proposal Ampache submitted by Lachlan de Waard
      • Seconded by Jonathan
      • Passed

5. Items for noting

  • NSW Annual Return has been done.
  • Oct-Dec 2019 BAS has been done and paid.

6. Other business 

  • Software Conservancy email
    • Request for some details on how previous funds have been used.
  • LCA2020 debrief
    • To be Scheduled with Joel & Ben
    • Post conf survey going out soon.
  • LCA2021 Ghosts
    • Sae Ra & Josh to propose list of invitees
    • Sae Ra to continue as council liaison
  • Session Selection
    • Need to get feedback from the SSC now that conference is over
  • Banking induction for LCA2021
    • Still todo, deposit bill due end of Feb
  • Preparation for the 2020 Grants Programme
    • Jonathan to continue managing grants
  • LCA2022-23 email
    • Things to add:
      • Remote contributors
      • Possibility of two year stretch
  • Website updating, General Comms, Annual Report, Media Team
    • Kathy has been doing a lot of this, can’t do so any more.
    • Joel volunteers!
  • Rusty Wrench announce mail
    • Julien to get Josh to review before sending out, Jon was asked if he wanted anything pointed out, but got no response.

7. In camera

  • One item was discussed in camera


Meeting closed at 2031

Join Linux Australia – Membership is free

Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!

Go to Top