Meeting opened at 18:02 (AEST) 13th January by Sae Ra Germaine
Minutes taken by Julien Goodwin
1. President’s welcome
MS SAE RA GERMAINE, President
2. Approval of the minutes from the previous – Annual General Meeting 2019
MOTION by MS SAE RA GERMAINE that the minutes of the Annual General Meeting 2019 of Linux Australia be accepted as complete and accurate.
The minutes are available at:
Seconded by Andrew Pam, passed with 4 abstentions.
3. To receive the REPORTS of activities of the preceding year from OFFICE BEARERS
- MS SAE RA GERMAINE – President
- MR JULIEN GOODWIN – Secretary
- MR RUSSELL STUART – Treasurer
Includes presentation of the Auditor’s Report
Please refer to the Annual Report
MOTION by Sae Ra Germaine that the Auditor’s Report is a true statement of financial accounts
Seconded by Hugh Blemmings, passed with 2 abstentions.
MOTION by Kathy Reid that the President’s report is correct
Seconded by Alec Clews, passed unanimously.
MOTION by Miles Goodhew that the Secretary’s report is correct
Seconded by Josh Hesketh, passed unanimously.
MOTION by Joel Addison that the Treasurer’s report is correct
Seconded by Paul Wayper, passed with 2 abstentions.
MOTION by Josh Stewart that the actions of Council during 2019 are endorsed by the membership
Seconded by Steve Ellis, passed with 7 (2019 council members) abstentions.
4. To CONSIDER items tabled in the call for agenda items
Due to delayed availability of the result, this item was held until resumption.
5. DECLARATION of Election and WELCOME of incoming Council by the Returning Officer (Jon Oxer)
Voting for the council election was available on the Linux Australia website at:
- President – Sae Ra Germaine
- Vice President – Jonathan Woithe
- Secretary – Julien Goodwin
- Treasurer – Russell Stuart
- Ordinary Committee Member
- Lisa Sands
- Joel Addison
- Benno Rice
6. NOMINATION and ELECTION of Members to Vacant Council Positions
7. To HEAR and RESPOND to questions from the floor
Motion by Hugh Blemmings to thank outgoing council members, seconded Donna Benjamin, passed by applause.
Meeting adjourned at 18:55 AEST 13th January, for resumption at 12:35 Tuesday 14th January AEST, due to delayed availability of constitutional change vote results..
Meeting resumed at 12:40 AEST 14th January.
- Amendments to the Constitution:
- The Council recommended changes to the Constitution in the following areas:
- Voting for this Constitutional change was available via the Linux Australia website at: https://linux.org.au/election-info/?eid=8
- Although the vote passed, it did not meet the 75% threshold required for a constitutional change.
Meeting closed by Sae Ra Germaine at 12:45 AEST 14th January.