Council Meeting Tuesday 27th August 2019 – Minutes

Council Meeting Tuesday 27th August 2019 – Minutes

2021-01-03T21:03:58+11:00August 27th, 2019|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

1. Meeting overview and key information


Sae Ra Germaine

Joshua Hesketh

Julien Goodwin

Clinton Roy

Jonathan Woithe

Miles Goodhew



Russell Stuart


Meeting opened at 1935 AEST by Sae Ra and quorum was achieved.

Minutes taken by Julien.

2. Log of correspondence

  • None

3. Items for discussion

  • Grant proposals
    • Kelsie Nabben for “The Privacy Project”
      • MOTION BY Sae Ra That Linux Australia Accepts the Grant Proposal “The Privacy Project” submitted by Kelsie Nabben
      • Seconded by Miles
      • Motion did not pass.
      • 2 abstentions, 4 no’s
      • Jonathan to send feedback, after review on council@
  • Delete AWS account.
    • Tech Team says they know nothing about it.
    • Mirror team has not responded as to whether they have copies of the stuff on there.
    • Video data is believed on mirror, VM images unsure
    • AI: Josh to look into, will talk to Russell for access

      5. Items for noting

  • LCA Sessions face to face is on Saturday 31st
    • Julien & Sae Ra to work on membership refresh announcement to include info about upcoming elections & constitutional changes.
    • Julien, Josh, Sae Ra to hopefully also go to Westpac.
    • Current plan:
    • Sae Ra to call/SMS Josh & Julien when she lands, if there’s time we’ll go to 44 Market St. branch
  • Assuming we’ll skip the council meeting on the 24th of September since F2F that weekend.
    • Tentatively cancelled, we can always uncancel.
  • LA Storage shed is now (supposedly) empty.  It is supposed to be delivered to Robina, Gold Coast, Wednesday 28-Aug if everything goes smoothly.
    • We now need to stop paying the $250/month for the storage.  I guess it should be inspected first.  Could Julien do that – if not I can do it during the F2F.
    • Julien acks going to visit, will visit before next council meeting.
  • F2F agenda doc now exists
    • Sae Ra planning to fill in agenda over the next week.
  • LCA2021 folk meeting tomorrow.

6. Other business 

  • None

7. In camera

  • No items were discussed in camera


Meeting closed at 2002

Join Linux Australia – Membership is free

Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!

Go to Top