1. Meeting overview and key information
Sae Ra Germaine
Meeting opened at 1933 AEST by Sae Ra and quorum was achieved.
Minutes taken by Julien.
2. Log of correspondence
- Grant application from Ben Minerds: Hosting and services for Software Freedom Day and Free Software Melbourne meetups. Received 23 Aug 2020. Community consultation closes 6 Sep 2020. To be discussed at Council meeting on 8 Sep 2020.
- AI: Jonathan to respond, pointing out the option of an LA subcommittee
- Participation certificate question around pycon.
- AI: Jonathan to forward on to the team
3. Items for discussion
- From: Agileware Support; Subject: SUP-20808 : linux.org.au – Other bots and nasty stuff poking the website; Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2020 09:39:00 +1000 (AEST). Still seeing a fair amount of attacking requests. Again recommend signing up to Securi
- MOTION: Russell Stuart moves LA installs Securi on our WordPress site, and LA approves the spending of AUD$200 per year for the basic subscription, ongoing until it is deemed no longer required.
- SECONDED: Sae Ra
- OUTCOME: Passed, one abstention.
- AI: Russell to engage and determine next steps
- HUMBUG asks LA if it can borrow LA’s Zoom account for it’s AGM on Saturday the 19th of September.
4. Items for noting
- Drupal Gov 2020 has been given bank accounts and Xero access.
- Membership renewal mails will go out before our next meeting.
- AI: Sae Ra will try and test this beforehand
5. Other business
- LCA2021 are meeting on Thursday
- Mailing lists getting fake subscribe requests
- AI: Sae Ra to look at just turning off sub requests
- Sae Ra to start on annual report, we also need to start looking at AGM/Election dates.
- Also the budget for LA’s next financial year.
6. In camera
- No items were discussed in camera
Meeting closed at 2012