1. Meeting overview and key information
Sae Ra Germaine
Meeting opened at 1932 AEST by Sae Ra and quorum was achieved.
Minutes taken by Julien.
2. Event Review
3. Log of correspondence
- Points about online conferences, sent by Miles Goodhew to council@ on 30 July 2020 for our information.
- From: Agileware Support; Subject: SUP-20808 : linux.org.au – Other bots and nasty stuff poking the website; Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2020 09:39:00 +1000 (AEST). Just letting you know that after checking your website logs this morning, I have installed WordFence and configured it with reasonable settings to help mitigate the number of bad bots poking the LA website. Recommend implementing either Sucuri Web Application Firewall (no DNS hosting change required) or CloudFlare Web Application Firewall (does required DNS hosting change) as a more effective perimeter defence against the detritus floating around the Internet.
- From: Agileware Support; Subject: SUP-20808 : linux.org.au – Other bots and nasty stuff poking the website; Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2020 09:39:00 +1000 (AEST). Still seeing a fair amount of attacking requests. Again recommend signing up to Securi.
- From Anchor: the linux.org.au domain is due for renewal in 90 days from 7 Aug 2020.
- Acked, will be dealt with.
4. Items for discussion
5. Items for noting
- As discussed, an email was sent to the CovidSafe analysis teamon 24 June 2020 to make them aware of our grants program and invite a submission. A Linux Australia member suggested they might be interested to know of the grants. No response has been received.
- NetThing have been paid.
6. Other business
7. In camera
- No items were discussed in camera
2012 AEST close