1. Meeting overview and key information
- Sae Ra Germaine (President)
- Joel Addison (Vice President)
- Clinton Roy (Secretary)
- Jonathan Woite (Council)
- Neil Cox (Council)
- Russell Coker (Council)
- Russell Stuart (Treasurer)
Meeting opened at 7:30 AEDT by Sae Ra and quorum was achieved.
Minutes taken by Clinton Roy
2. Log of correspondence
- Subject: Kill off press@ list?; Reply-To: Anthony Towns; Da usete: Mon, 8 Feb 2021 14:03:58 +1000
- ACTION ITEM: Sae Ra and admin team to archive list
- Clinton raises a motion to archive and retire every LA mailing list that hasn’t had any real mail for five years or more.
- Sae Ra Seconds.
- All yes.
- From Christopher Neugebauer to council@ on 12 Feb 2021. Subject: Notification of plans/Request for approval of PyCon AU 2021.
- ACTION ITEM Council needs budget to approve request, can send off list.
- Sae Ra raises motion to make clinton the liaison to the subcommittee
- Joel Seconds
- Everyone agrees.
- Australia Post PO Box renewal
- ACTION ITEM Sae Ra to send details of account management.
- ACTION ITEM clinton to get agm minutes up for proof of change.
3. Items for discussion
- Owen – Drupal south committee
- Introduces the council to the attendees
- Helps with meetups, conferences
- Have a few new people on the committee
- Decided not to hold an in person event.
- Sensing a bit of fatigue for big online events, so are planning a few smaller online events
- Looking at picking a professional event organiser for events
- Volunteers would be doing the content heavy lifting, logistics would be handed off to the professional organiser.
- May/August/November is the current vague target for smaller events.
- Looking at upgrading their website.Seeking expression of interest from their community to upgrade it.
- They have a working group looking at career paths for community members. Looking at running an intern program with companies.
- Sae Ra mentions professional development program at her work, set aside a lunch time a week for internal training.
- Clinton asks about money for professional organiser, in Russell’s stead. Looking at a brief for four companies to put something forward to Linux Australia .Didn’t want to burn out members of difficult tasks.
- Sae Ra recommends the sub committee think about using the grants program for possibly funding the website project out of their budget.
- Steven Walsh, Mike Beattie – Admin Team
- A bit easier not having an LCA running
- Uploaded a more permanent key for Ryan to upload videos to the mirror
- The new mirror has finished running a fortnight memtest
- Transferring across content will start soon.
- Looking at building access and network access for the new mirror.
- Looking into new ANU network security requirements.
- Jonathan asks about website transfer, admin team halted during election,
- ACTION ITEM: Sae Ra is going to liaise with admin team for that.
- Auda .org.au update registration rules.
- Basically .org.au needs to be a registered organisation.
- ACTION ITEM for Russell: Expenditures in xero, domain name renewal, apnic ip space renewal.
- ACTION ITEM: Russell to follow up previous double payment of domain.
- Jonathan asks about .conf.au domain
- April seems to be the current date.
4. Items for noting
1 item in camera
5. Other business
- Some discussion about how the grants process works.
- Russell wants to talk official approval about online meetings. Talks about grants for video equipment for lugs. Talks about the idea of LA running video servers for meetings.
- Sae Ra suggests there needs to be a program of talks and outcomes to request for official coverage.
- Russell talks about humbug’s experience. Russell suggests that we use LUG members as an audience to be tapped for an audience. The drama is to find a speaker.Use thee luggcomms mailing list to organise it.
- Russell Coker talks about network bandwidth limits and usage
- ACge. ACTION ITEM Russell to send a proposal to the lugcomms list.