Council Meeting Tuesday 12th January 2021 – Minutes

Council Meeting Tuesday 12th January 2021 – Minutes

2021-01-16T10:58:30+11:00January 12th, 2021|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

1. Meeting overview and key information

Present

Sae Ra Germaine

Jonathan Woithe

Julien Goodwin

Russell Stuart

Lisa Sands

Joel Addison

 

Apologies 

Benno Rice

 

Meeting opened at 1931 AEDT by Sae Ra and quorum was achieved.

Minutes taken by Julien.

2. Log of correspondence

  • From Anchor to council@ on 16 Dec 2020: opensource.org.au is due for renewal by 15 Feb 2021.
  • From Big Orange Heart via web form: request for sponsorship of WordFest (https://wordfest.live) on 22 Jan 2021.
    [Response has been sent indicating Council in caretaker mode, suggesting a longer lead time in future and outlining LA’s funding priorities.]
  • From Anchor to council@ on 27 Dec 2020: lca2018.org requires renewal by 26 Feb 2021.
    [As per meeting on 15 Dec 2020, this will be allowed to expire if the few remaining services dependent on the domain have been moved by 26 Feb 2021.]
  • From <a member> via website form on 27 Dec 2020: will LA write a submission into the Productivity Commission “Right to Repair” enquiry? A response was sent:
    • The tight timing (closing date in early Feb) and existing commitments of the Council members will almost certainly prevent this happening unless a member steps up to do it.
    • If a member wished LA to sign a submission they prepared and it was consistent with LA’s values, Council would consider signing it.

<The member> is writing a submission.  He has subsequently indicated he won’t request LA sign it as it contains a lot of personal perspective and he doesn’t feel he can speak for others. He may share it on linux-aus for comments.

  • From Binh Hguyen on Grants list, asking about out-of-cycle funding for a project idea (a public information aggregator). Response sent indicating Council is in caretaker mode and suggesting that they wait for the 2021 Grant program if it eventuates.

 

3. Items for discussion

  • AGM –  Are we ready, who is doing what etc. 
    • Roles required: 
      • Chat Monitor
      • Votes/Poll Monitor
      • Hands Up – Reaction Monitor
      • Timer
  • Bringing together the nomination sheets, these need to be collated, distributed and a seconder needs to be found for each of the nominations.
  • Annual Report – what is missing what do we need to send out etc.
    • Hoping for reports from web team, pycon.
    • Once those are received the report can be sent out.
  • Rusty Wrench
    • Decision is to award to <see announcement>, Jon or one of the other formers will award
    • AI: Sae Ra to liaise with Jon
  • JW: Russell Coker has set up a replacement for planet.linux.org.au at https://planet.luv.asn.au/. It has been suggested that planet.linux.org.au either point to this URL or contain a link to it.
    • AI: Jonathan & Julien to action link on current static page
  • JW: <A member> suggests via council@ on 5 Jan 2021 that the “Should a digest be dispatched daily when the size threshold isn’t reached” setting for la-announce be set to “Yes”. Due to the low traffic volume on this list, users with digest mode set may only receive messages after a delay of many months.
    • All agree, however it turns out the setting has already been enabled.

4. Items for noting

  • None

5. Other business

  • None

6. In camera

  • No items were discussed in camera

Meeting closed at 2024

Join Linux Australia – Membership is free

Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!

Go to Top