Council Meeting Tuesday 15th December 2020 – Minutes

Council Meeting Tuesday 15th December 2020 – Minutes

2021-01-15T10:06:45+11:00December 15th, 2020|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

1. Meeting overview and key information


Sae Ra Germaine

Jonathan Woithe

Julien Goodwin

Russell Stuart

Lisa Sands

Joel Addison

Benno Rice




Meeting opened at 1930 AEDT by Sae Ra and quorum was achieved.

Minutes taken by Julien.

2. Log of correspondence

  • From Anchor to council@ on 2 Dec 2020: domain renewal is due by 1 Mar 2021.
    • Still a few services that either need to move off.
    • AI: Joel to deal with.
  • From ASIC to council@ on 8 Dec 2020: “Open Source Australia” business registration due by 24 Nov 2020. This was dealt with on the day; an acknowledgement of renewal was received.
    • (Already done)

3. Items for discussion

  • Rusty Wrench
    • AI: Julien to send out to previous winners, without a suggestion from council
  • Code of Conduct wording clarification (background sent to council@)
    • Also the github copy turns out to be out of date, PyCon desire this refresh to happen early enough to be in place for the next PyCon.
    • Change will be announced.
    • AI: Jonathan to write up an announcement for policies, linux-aus,.
  • YouTube Partner Program
    • Setup more formal escalation paths for LCA (and other LA-affiliated events) in future
    • Register for YouTube Partner Programme to get additional support avenues.
    • Need to create an AdSense account for this
    • Do not need to enable monetisation now or future, but do need to decide whether existing videos should have monetisation enabled when we join the program.
    • Sae Ra moves motion that we join the partner program, but do not enable monetisation for existing videos.
      • Passed, one abstention.
    • AI: Joel to register, and update Ryan.

4. Items for noting

  • Election/AGM announcement sent.
    • Need some volunteers for AGM meeting wrangling.
    • AGM is set for: 11am-midday on Friday the 15th of January (AEDT)
      • 8am Perth
    • AI: Julien to send call for AGM items ASAP.
  • LCA update <details redacted>

5. Other business

  • None

6. In camera

  • No items were discussed in camera

Meeting closed at 2020

Join Linux Australia – Membership is free

Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!

Go to Top