1. Meeting overview and key information
Sae Ra Germaine
Meeting opened at 1930 AEDT by Sae Ra and quorum was achieved.
Minutes taken by Julien.
2. Log of correspondence
- From Anchor to council@ on 2 Dec 2020: lca2018.org domain renewal is due by 1 Mar 2021.
- Still a few services that either need to move off.
- AI: Joel to deal with.
- From ASIC to council@ on 8 Dec 2020: “Open Source Australia” business registration due by 24 Nov 2020. This was dealt with on the day; an acknowledgement of renewal was received.
- (Already done)
3. Items for discussion
- Rusty Wrench
- AI: Julien to send out to previous winners, without a suggestion from council
- Code of Conduct wording clarification (background sent to council@)
- Also the github copy turns out to be out of date, PyCon desire this refresh to happen early enough to be in place for the next PyCon.
- Change will be announced.
- AI: Jonathan to write up an announcement for policies, linux-aus,.
- YouTube Partner Program
- Setup more formal escalation paths for LCA (and other LA-affiliated events) in future
- Register for YouTube Partner Programme to get additional support avenues.
- Need to create an AdSense account for this
- Do not need to enable monetisation now or future, but do need to decide whether existing videos should have monetisation enabled when we join the program.
- Sae Ra moves motion that we join the partner program, but do not enable monetisation for existing videos.
- Passed, one abstention.
- AI: Joel to register, and update Ryan.
4. Items for noting
- Election/AGM announcement sent.
- Need some volunteers for AGM meeting wrangling.
- AGM is set for: 11am-midday on Friday the 15th of January (AEDT)
- 8am Perth
- AI: Julien to send call for AGM items ASAP.
- LCA update <details redacted>
5. Other business
6. In camera
- No items were discussed in camera
Meeting closed at 2020