Council Meeting Tuesday 29th January 2019 – Minutes

Council Meeting Tuesday 29th January 2019 – Minutes

2019-08-31T09:39:16+10:00January 29th, 2019|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

1. Meeting overview and key information

Present

Sae Ra Germaine, Julien Goodwin, Russell Stuart, Clinton Roy, Jonathan Woithe, Joshua Hesketh, Miles Goodhew

Apologies 

None

Meeting opened at 1932 AEDT by Sae Ra and quorum was achieved.

Minutes taken by Julien.

2. Log of correspondence

  • None

3. Items for discussion

  • LCA2019
    • Code of Conduct report
      • Quick discussion about draft report sent to council@
      • Note about *LA* code of conduct vs *LCA* code of conduct.
    • General
      • Finance status is largely still in-flight.
      • Sae Ra intends to send a thanks mail this week, draft to be run past council.
    • Hardware
      • HW folk want improved comms, being more of a steering group, agreement re LA financial support.
      • Delegate this to 2020 team.
      • AI: Julien to start F2F agenda
    • <One sub-item was in-camera>
  • LCA2020
    • Need a council busy body (Not Clinton or Russell) appointed.
    • Tentatively Jonathan.
  • OSI Definition email
    • Attempt to counter “fopen source”
    • All present (- Josh) endorse this.
  • Face to Face meeting
    • 2/3 March is the only option for all (Josh noting wouldn’t arrive until Saturday). All agree.
    • Julien to see if Google Melbourne meeting rooms can be used
    • Treasurer notes a 6+ bedroom airbnb in Melbourne hired for 4 days  is around $1.2K as opposed to the $2K we paid the accommodation & meeting room  last year.
      • Sae Ra / Josh / Russell to arrange booking
  • Is everyone happy for me to prune IM rooms (IRC, Matrix) .  Keep kathy for now? Julien, Clinton: neither of you have joined a IM channel.
  • What to do about constitution change and Charity application.
    • Plan to re-run.
  • Written subcommittee policies to be updated to reflect announcements made at the AGM.
    • AI for Russell to give proposal at F2F, to review with Josh
  • Report from TechTeam meeting held during LCA. 
    • AI: Further discussion at F2F
  • Go through the handover list.
  • Go through the activities calendar.
  • Question from Russell to Josh: council@l.o.a gets notifications of pull requests to its policies from github via a github-service Josh wrote.  Github services have been depreciated, and will be removed on 31/Jan/2019. It was very useful – replacement?
    • Suggestion for folk to subscribe themselves.
  • Action for Russell: we need a replacement for the invoice payment page.

4. Items for noting

  • Julien doing handover of PO BOX from James Polley on Thursday
  • Anz.co.nz bank changes have not taken effect yet.
  • Westpac cards are awol.
  • Joshua to resolve how he wants Westpac 2fa done ongoing (as his token has expired).
  • NZ GST / BAS cockup.
  • Migration from keepass to something else, most likely pass.

5. Other business 

  • None

6. In camera

  • No items were discussed in camera.

2109  AEDT close

Join Linux Australia – Membership is free