Council Meeting Thursday 3rd January 2019 – Minutes

Council Meeting Thursday 3rd January 2019 – Minutes

2019-01-07T06:22:12+10:00January 3rd, 2019|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

Caretaker Council Agenda Thursday 03 January 2019

1. Meeting overview and key information

Present

Kathy, Cherie, Cameron, Russell, James, Sae Ra

Apologies:

Hugh

Meeting opened at 1932 AEST by Kathy and quorum was achieved

2. Log of correspondence

Requests for cancellation of membership.

3. Items for discussion

  • Membership platform:
    • Outstanding pieces
      • Turn on Email notifications for candidates that have been nominated.
      • Andy Gelme
      • Recommendations with Josh
      • Cloudflare
      • 3 nominations for council
      • Passwords need to go into keepass
      • MOTION by Hugh that Kathy keeps her website access for a handover until the 2020 Council Elections
        • Seconded Sae Ra Germaine
        • Carried
      • Automatic updates are being turned on.
      • Awards page to be put on the website.
      • ACTION: Kathy to report the election bug to Agileware
      • ACTION: Blog post about the partnership/open/transparent agileware, voting module
      • ACTION: Sae Ra and Kathy to setup notificiations etc.
  • LA Grants Submissions:
    • The TimVideos Hackfest
      • Where did this get to?
      • Reimbursements/receipts etc.
    • OpenHardware
      • Need an invoice from them to pay that in jan.

 

  • Event Updates:

 

  • LCA2018 update (James)
    • Setting up an archived version of the site. Currently in progress. Need to pass this on to Steve. ACTION: Sae Ra to check with steve how this should be posted.
    • Post Event report is also required.
    • Couple of budget items to reimburse on. Refunds for a couple of people and not sure what to do with this.

 

  • LCA2019
  • ACTION: James Ghosts Drinks?

 

        • Just in case…
          MOTION By Sae Ra Germaine that Linux Australia to approve the spending of $1500 on a Ghosts get-together at LCA2019
          Seconded By Cameron Tudball
        • Carried
      • There are some limits being reached if council can help out please do.
      • Martin Schwenke’s logo release form signed and we are now a partner with IBM.
      • From Sae Ra – Questions to Rusty Russell
        • ACTION: Cherie to follow-up about no questions during keynotes
        • ACTION: Cherie to follow-up on AGM dial in for Sae Ra

4. Items for noting

  • 18 days left until the AGM!!!!!!!! 😱

5. Other business

  • AGM
    • Do we have everything ready?
    • Constitution Changes?
      • Turn on notifications first.
    • How are we going to have the membership vote on this?
  • Annual Report
  • Nominations
  • Can someone please take Minutes for me at the AGM?
  • ACTION: Kathy to reach out to Stewart Smith, Terry Dawson, Jon Oxer for the returning officer role.
  • Does anyone mind if Sae Ra gives some access to Julien as I will be running a handover next week.

6. In camera

One item was discussed in camera

 

2021  AEST close

Join Linux Australia – Membership is free