1. Meeting overview and key information
- Joel Addison (President)
- Wil Brown (Vice-President)
- Russell Stuart (Treasurer)
- Jonathan Woithe (Council)
- Neil Cox (Council)
- Lilac Kapul (Council)
- Clinton Roy (Secretary)
Meeting opened at 20:10 AEDT by Joel and quorum was achieved.
Minutes taken by Jonathan.
2. Log of correspondence
- 2022-11-26 Email: PyCon AU server exports email, Katie McLaughlin
- 2022-11-28 Email: Building a data trust for speech data from Linux Australia conferences, Kathy Reid
- 2022-12-05 Email: LA List Censorship, Noel Butler (sent via Jonathan Woithe)
3. Items for discussion
- LA List Censorship, Noel Butler.
- In addition to the email sent to Jonathan, Joel also received a message privately the evening before. He requested information about the complaint against him: who complained, what the complaint was about, the evidence of the offence, why he was placed in moderation, and so on. Joel will forward this to the council list for archival purposes.
- Per Wil, Kathy has previously mentioned on-list that the LA policy does not provide a right to most of this information.
- Joel will respond to Noel later tonight.
4. Items for noting
- Jonathan is contacting 2023 grant recipients to obtain their reports for the Annual Report.
- Joel reports that Everything Open 2023 Call for Papers and Call for Volunteers will open tonight.
5. Other business
- Status of Open Hardware kits from LCA2022: Joel met with Open Hardware team on Monday. They have provided text to Sae Ra and Joel to go out to those who purchased kits. Emails will be sent to people who ordered kits this week, with a broader announcement afterwards.