1. Meeting overview and key information
- Joel Addison (President)
- Wil Brown (Vice-President)
- Clinton Roy (Secretary)
- Russell Stuart (Treasurer)
- Jonathan Woithe (Council)
- Lilac Kapul (Council)
- Neil Cox (Council)
Meeting opened at 20:15 AEDT by Joel and quorum was achieved.
Minutes taken by Clinton Roy
2. Log of correspondence
- 2022-11-14 Kathy Reid Email – Grant application, draft letter of support for council consideration
- 2022-11-22 Katie McLaughlin Email – Ping admin team and council about PyCon AU server exports
- ASIC mail, 10 October, via Terry
3. Items for discussion
- Kathy Reid – Grant application, draft letter of support. Jonathan is concerned that the timing is too close to the election, and that it might be improper to spend money this close to the election. Lilac points out that the application was done very early in the year. Jonathan points out the delay was mostly up to the applicants. Overall there’s no real problem with providing funding at this stage. ACTION ITEM Clinton to get the data trust team to put together a grant application, send it to council for consideration; council to assist getting a grant proposal ready; make it abundantly clear that the council is here to help and support grant proposals.
- Katie McLaughlin email, ACTION ITEM Joel to follow up with the admin team re Katie Mclaughlin’s PyconAu Archive project.
- ASIC mail, 10 October. A long discussion trying to work out if the paper mail is the current state of play or not. It does appear that the mail is addressing the current state of play. The issue relates to a detail on Form 490 which is being addressed by Lilac in connection with their Form 379 submission. Lilac is following this up with ASIC.
- 2023 Election date. Joel suggests AGM Saturday the 21st January at 1500 AEST (UT+1100), Suggest election nominations open 17th December, close 31st December, open voting 31st Dec, close voting on 14th Jan. Jonathan asks about hand over periods. Roughly works out to two weeks nominations, two weeks voting with voting closing a week before the AGM. Some back and forth twiddling the dates to confuse the secretary. ACTION ITEM Joel to communicate the dates with the admin team.
- Clinton wants to get rid of paper.li. At this point we have a subscription for the next year, so we will review this when the next invoice comes in during 2023.
4. Items for noting
5. Other business