1. Meeting overview and key information
- Joel Addison (President)
- Wil Brown (Vice-President)
- Clinton Roy (Secretary)
- Russell Stuart (Treasurer)
- Jonathan Woithe (Council)
- Neil Cox (Council)
- Lilac Kapul (Council)
Meeting opened at 20:08 AEDT by Joel and quorum was achieved.
Minutes taken by Clinton Roy
2. Log of correspondence
- Russell Coker – SPF issues with email coming via linux.org.au
3. Items for discussion
- 2023 Budget
- Discuss and modify as appropriate. Discussions covered employee assistance programs, making the SSC budget smaller (as it is mostly held online these days) and the budget of the bid reviews.
- MOTION: The 2023 budget be accepted.
MOVER: Russell Stuart
- Pycon Adelaide Convention Centre Deposit: is it still available, will it be used this year, if it won’t be used by Pycon what options do we have?
- It is believed that there are plans to hold PyConAU in Adelaide in 2023, in which case the deposit will be used for that.
- Who is returning to council next year? If we need more nominations, put out a call for nominees. We currently do have enough nominations to fill all roles.
4. Items for noting
- Progress on call for bids for EO / LCA 2024.
- Likely final P&L by conference for 2022
- Annual report Progress so far: Incomplete, draft, Annual Report. Todo:
- Lilac: current bio. 100..200 words + picture required.
- Joel: President’s report.
- Clinton: Secretary’s report.
- Clinton: PyConAu steering report
- Jonathan: Optional subcommittee reports for WordPress Steering (Wil provided in Matrix, is also in the “2022 Annual Report submission” directory on g-drive), LUV (coming Monday 9 Jan), and Admin Team (no response received to request, will ping again). (We should consider shutting subcommittees we don’t receive reports from. We won’t even ask IWS, so that should be shut down next year.)
- Jonthan: Grant reports. “Big Sand” grant report is in (see “2022 Annual Report submission” directory on g-drive). A contact has been established for the E-textiles grant (the original applicant has been incapacitated) but no report has yet been received. Have pinged again earlier today.
- Neill: Event report for LCA 2022,
- About Linux Australia: The 2022 version will be used as is unless someone wants to update it.
- Jonathan: Event report for Drupal.
- Exec pics and bio.
- Reports from other exec members: optional.
- Everybody: Russell needs pictures and conference graphics.
- Russell: Treasurer’s report.
- Treasurer: Figures for graphic, budget for 2022/2023.
5. Other business