Council Meeting 18th January 2023 – Minutes

Council Meeting 18th January 2023 – Minutes

2023-01-18T21:19:52+11:00January 18th, 2023|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

1. Meeting overview and key information


  • Joel Addison (President)
  • Wil Brown (Vice-President)
  • Clinton Roy (Secretary)
  • Jonathan Woithe (Council)
  • Neil Cox (Council)
  • Russell Stuart (Treasurer) (Arrived at twenty past eight)


Not Present

  • Lilac Kapul (Council)


Meeting opened at 20:04 AEDT by Joel  and quorum was achieved.

Minutes taken by Clinton Roy


2. Log of correspondence

  • 09/01/2023 Email from Dave Sparks Re: DrupalSouth 2023. They are keen to organise their next conference, and we have given them the standard starting points of budget requirements and account holders. A short response has been given, a longer response will be given post AGM.
  • Membership details requests.
  • AGM voting notification information request. Pointed to archives.
  • Web page links, some of our page links are out of date. Sent via the web form. ACTION ITEM Clinton will have a go at updating the links, and respond.


3. Items for discussion

  • AGM setup – zoom code mail? Any other tasks required.
  • We have a number of registrations, we need to cross reference them with our membership db, once we’ve done that, then the zoom codes can go out.  ACTION ITEM Wil and Joel to check registration numbers.
  • Two motions were moved on the list, ACTION ITEM Clinton to add them to the agenda
  • ACTION ITEM Joel to add the two motions as a poll in the zoom meeting
  • We have the returning officer organised, Julien Goodwin.

4. Items for noting

  • Election results are up.

5. Other business

  • ACTION ITEM Joel to follow up with the admin team about the SPF question from Russell Coker.
Join Linux Australia – Membership is free

Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!

Go to Top