Council Meeting 10th November 2021 – Minutes

Council Meeting 10th November 2021 – Minutes

2022-01-14T19:12:07+11:00January 14th, 2022|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

1. Meeting overview and key information

Present

  • Joel Addison (Vice President)
  • Clinton Roy (Secretary)
  • Jonathan Woithe (Council)
  • Russell Coker (Council)
  • Neil Cox (Council)

Apologies

–    Russell Stuart (Treasurer)

  • Sae Ra Germaine (President)

Meeting opened at 19:34 AEDT by Joel Addison  and quorum was achieved.

Minutes taken by Clinton Roy

2. Log of correspondence 

Snail mail: Bank term deposit slips.

3. Items for discussion

  • Defamation Law (Open Australia in particular?) We would like more information about their case. Jonathan has posted his one page summary to the list.  Clinton lays out a possible event chain that leads to someone writing a possibly defamatory note on Open Australia’s website about a housing developer. Joel comments that at least having an updated communications policy that makes things clear would be better. Cancelling our communications channels isn’t really feasible, neither is moderating them. Limiting them does make things better. Discussion about different channels and what moderation options already exist with them. General discussion around the judgement and what lawyers are saying about it. Neill suggests that we really don’t want to become the test case. Jonathan quotes from the communication policy, and it allows us to switch moderation on if we need it.
  • ACTION ITEM:Joel and Sae Ra:  itemize our communication channels, work out what can be moderated and what can’t be, what ones we can close.

Discussions about what forms of communications fall under the ruling. It’s about sites that are publically available that can take comments.

ACTION ITEM: Jonathan to modify the communication policy to make it clearer and easier for LA to protect itself; post to list when it is updated; council will vote at next normal meeting.

4. Items for noting

  • LCA AV provider, have received quotes from all providers, and have selected a preferred provider. Sae Ra and Joel are going to be meeting with the preferred supplier soon to discuss details.
  • LA Website – Testing occurring Sun 14 Nov
  • Linux Conf Au Session Selection Committee Post meeting Tomorrow, anyone available? Joel and Sae Ra are going to attend, to make up for Clinton’s having a little bit of a social life.

5. Other business

6. In Camera

  • 1 item was discussed
Join Linux Australia – Membership is free

Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!

Go to Top