Council Meeting 09th June 2021 – Minutes

Council Meeting 09th June 2021 – Minutes

2021-10-03T15:23:52+11:00October 3rd, 2021|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

1. Meeting overview and key information

Present

  • Joel Addison (Vice President)
  • Clinton Roy (Secretary)
  • Jonathan Woite (Council)
  • Russell Coker (Council)
  • Russell Stuart (Treasurer)
  • Sae Ra Germaine (President)

Apologies

–    Neil Cox (Council)

Meeting opened at 19:32 AEDT by Sae Ra and quorum was achieved.

Minutes taken by Clinton Roy

2. Log of correspondence

  • Bounce from mail server, incorrect email given in web form.
  • ACTION ITEM: Sae Ra to send a mail

3. Items for discussion

  • Website: Sae Ra and Steve are meeting tomorrow to move things along.
  • Freenode fallout. Look at some options, matrix, libre chat. LA needs to look at the options and work out what the best options are. Clinton asks for some clarification of what skin in the game LA has, the only one that actually matters is linux.conf.au, there are other smaller channels. Joel and Jonathan probably have some cycles to communicate with Josh.

ACTION ITEM: Jonathan to reach out to Joshua to formulate a plan.

4. Items for noting

  • UNSW is releasing money for open source scholarships, Sae Ra will try to find out more information.

5. Other business

  • ACTION ITEM Sae Ra to reach out to Joshua Bartlett’s question.
  • ACTION ITEM: Clinton to work up a patch for sub committee rules to ensure all volunteers that engage with children (in real life and virtually) have the appropriate child care check in their state. We also need to look at the council members as well. New Zealand context is something to be looked as well.
Join Linux Australia – Membership is free

Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!

Go to Top