1. Meeting overview and key information
Present
- Joel Addison (President)
- Jennifer Cox (Vice-President)
- Neill Cox (Secretary)
- Elena Williams (Council)
- Jonathan Woithe (Council)
- Harrison Oates (Council)
Apologies
- Russell Stuart (Treasurer)
Not Present
- None
Meeting opened at 19:37 AEDT by Joel and quorum was achieved.
Minutes taken by Neill
2. Log of correspondence
- Joomla Steering Committee Update – Joel has notified the steering committee that their budget has been approved
- [LACTTE] Request for insurance cover for a Perth Linux User Group event – Joel has notified PLUG that the council has approved insurance cover for their event
- Draft documents for subcommittees [Internal council discussion about policy]
- [LACTTE] Enquiry from Marina Levi via the Linux Australia Website Contact Form – Jonathan has responded
- [LACTTE] Enquiry from Robbie Burgess via the Linux Australia Website Contact Form – Jonathan has responded
- Enquiry from Dawn Burke via the Linux Australia Website Contact Form – Neill has provided some advice on laptops
- Enquiry from john bennett via the Linux Australia Website Contact Form – Neill has responded
- Re: Everything Open 2026 YouTube videos? – Joel has responded
- Urgent request for go-ahead – from Arjen re EO2027 council has responded
- Upcoming Domain Renewal Notice – Please Do Not Reply – Notification from Digital Pacific. No action required.
- Everything Open 2027 Brisbane – notification to the EO2027 team that their bid has been accepted. Discussion about the format of the conference.
- Invoice Payment Reminder – Please Do Not Reply – Notification from Digital Pacific. No action required.
- Open Technology Research Symposium CFP – Notification from OSI
- JoomlaDay Australia 2026 – From the JoomlaDay steering committee arranging setup. Russell has responded
- Invitation to Join Snowflake CoCo CLI Hackathon – mass email – no response required or intended.
- DrupalSouth – Exhibition proposal for PSN NSW 29 July 2026 – discussion about invoices and payments – Russell has responded – Joel will follow up
- Upcoming Domain Renewal Notice – Please Do Not Reply – Notification from Digital Pacific re slug.org.au. No action required.
- Access to social and mailing accounts, putting website live, TLS certificate – EO2027 setup. Joel has responded
- Subcommittee Financial Induction – EO2027 setup. Russell has responded.
- Re: DrupalSouth payments via ANZ – Russell has responded
- [LACTTE] luv.asn.au domain – From Russell Coker – for discussion during tonight’s meeting
- Re-iterating my governance concerns surrounding Linux Users Victoria as a Subcommittee of LA – From Kathy Reid – for discussion during tonight’s meeting
- Thank You for Your Payment – Please Do Not Reply – – Notification from Digital Pacific re slug.org.au. No action required.
3. Items for discussion
- [LACTTE] luv.asn.au domain
We will ask Alexar to update the registrant, technical and billing contact details to point to Linux Australia as the domain uses our ABN and LUV is an LA subcommittee
-
- Registrant email should be: domain-admin@linux.org.au
- Technical contact email should be: domain-admin@linux.org.au
- Billing contact email should be: domain-admin@linux.org.au
These should be confirmed with Steve before sending to Alexar.
- Governance concerns surrounding Linux Users Victoria as a Subcommittee of LA
According to the ASIC website Linux Users Victoria has been de-registered.
It looks like linuxvictoria.org may have been registered separately by Alexar.
Joel will send an email seeking information about the current situation. Responses due by Sunday 12 July
Once we have some response we will organise a meeting to regularise the status of LUV/Linux Victoria as a subcommittee. LA will aim to recover control of the luv.asn.au domain and attempt to preserve the archives of the mailing lists.
Agenda for the meeting (date TBD):
-
- LA to outline the current understanding of the subcommittee
- Who are the members?
- Vote on name of the committee
- Vote on committee
To be sent out as widely as possible – linux-aus, Russell Coker, Alexar and via them to all other members.
4. Items for noting
- Minutes up to 2026-02-25 now published. All other regular meetings are on the site in draft form.
- Jonathan has put draft policies up for review by the council.
5. Other business
- None.
6. In camera
- One item was discussed in camera.
7. Action items
Joel – respond re DrupalSouth – Exhibition proposal for PSN NSW 29 July 2026
Joel – send email to LUV seeking their views of the current situation.
@council review draft policies
7.1 Completed Items
7.2 Carried Forward
Meeting closed at 20:54
Next meeting is scheduled for 2026-07-15 and is a subcommittee meeting.
