1. Meeting overview and key information
Sae Ra Germaine
Meeting opened at 1931 AEST by Sae Ra and quorum was achieved.
Minutes taken by Julien.
2. Log of correspondence
- Kathryn Tyree confirmed that Kohacon will be proceeding as a hybrid conference (email to JW on 23 Jun 2020, forwarded to council@ on 24 Jun 2020).
- See below
- Kathy had contacted about a post to linux-aus that hadn’t come through, in the end it was sitting in an outbox.
3. Items for discussion
- With Kohacon now confirmed as a hybrid conference (Kathryn Tyree, email forwarded to council@ on 24 Jun 2020), the question of whether LA will sponsor this event (in line with the pre-COVID19 inquiry) needs to be considered. For information:
- Shutting down planet.linux.org.au. Michael Davies explained the background and reasoning via email to council@ on 24 June 2020.
- Agreement to just kill.
- We have the paper.li feed as a partial alternative
- AI: Julien to write up a quick turndown communication plan and liaise with admin team
4. Items for noting
- Rob Tihanyi appreciated the feedback sent to him in response to his web enquiry.
5. Other business
- Quick review of items from calendar
6. In camera
- No items were discussed in camera
Meeting closed at 1958