Council Meeting Tuesday 30th June 2020 – Minutes

Council Meeting Tuesday 30th June 2020 – Minutes

2021-01-07T21:07:52+11:00June 30th, 2020|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

1. Meeting overview and key information

Present

Sae Ra Germaine

Jonathan Woithe

Julien Goodwin

Russell Stuart

Lisa Sands

Joel Addison

Apologies 

Benno Rice

 

Meeting opened at 1931 AEST by Sae Ra and quorum was achieved.

Minutes taken by Julien.

2. Log of correspondence

  • Kathryn Tyree confirmed that Kohacon will be proceeding as a hybrid conference (email to JW on 23 Jun 2020, forwarded to council@ on 24 Jun 2020).
    • See below
  • Kathy had contacted about a post to linux-aus that hadn’t come through, in the end it was sitting in an outbox.

3. Items for discussion

  • With Kohacon now confirmed as a hybrid conference (Kathryn Tyree, email forwarded to council@ on 24 Jun 2020), the question of whether LA will sponsor this event (in line with the pre-COVID19 inquiry) needs to be considered.  For information:
  • Shutting down planet.linux.org.au. Michael Davies explained the background and reasoning via email to council@ on 24 June 2020.
    • Agreement to just kill.
    • We have the paper.li feed as a partial alternative
    • AI: Julien to write up a quick turndown communication plan and liaise with admin team

4. Items for noting

  • Rob Tihanyi appreciated the feedback sent to him in response to his web enquiry.

5. Other business 

  • Quick review of items from calendar

6. In camera

  • No items were discussed in camera

Meeting closed at 1958

Join Linux Australia – Membership is free
Go to Top