Council Meeting Tuesday 4th June 2019 – Minutes

Council Meeting Tuesday 4th June 2019 – Minutes

2019-08-31T14:20:02+10:00June 4th, 2019|Categories: Council Meetings, Linux Australia|Tags: , , |

1. Meeting overview and key information

Present

Sae Ra Germaine, Joshua Hesketh, Julien Goodwin, Russell Stuart, Clinton Roy, Jonathan Woithe, Miles Goodhew

Apologies 

None

Meeting opened at 1930 AEST by Sae Ra and quorum was achieved.

Minutes were taken by Julien.

 

2. Log of correspondence

  • Westpac forgotten interest payment.

3. Items for discussion

  • ANU data breach.
    • Extent of LA/LCA exposure
    • Jonathan working on LA response
    • In 2005 & 2013 accom was booked via conferences, names & special requests were likely all that was passed on to the colleges (may or may not have gotten to ANU itself).
    • Unknown if anything further than that may have been leaked. CLUG have asked as well, they’ve got no response.
    • Jonathan to keep working on, discuss on list.
  • Bank forms update.
    • Josh has signed, waiting for them to get back to Sae Ra.
  • LA (WordPress) site hosting
    • Agileware will support self-hosted.
    • If we can move prior to nominations opening (November) we’d like to do so.
    • AI: Julien to mail admin-team.
  • APNIC conference
    • Approved as a grant request.
    • AI: Jonathan & Sae Ra.
  • Admin team budget – we still need to approve other than server costs.
    • Sae Ra moves motion to approve this (ongoing) 2019 budget.
    • Miles seconds.
    • Approved.
    • AI: Julien to update admin-team
  • Approve payment of $2,274.80 to Canterbury Uni for Raspberry Pi’s.
    • Had previously been agreed, but no motion passed.
    • Sae Ra moves motion to approve this payment.
    • Seconded by Russell.
    • Approved.
    • AI: Russell to pay.
  • [Jonathan] Infrastructure and process to support grant application process:
    • Suggest establishing an email alias, aliased to those dealing with grants at any given time.
    • Grant application workflow (including posting of applications on website).
    • grants@ is already the grants list.

5. Items for noting

  • Pycon-au speaker acceptances have gone out.
    • Clinton has been helping with financial aid reviews. Guidelines were good.

6. Other business 

  • Insurance
    • Of the “cyber” variety.
    • AI: Josh to continue investigating. Afterwards run proposed policy past Steve.
  • Storage
    • <sub item removed>.
  • GitLab
    • Miles has asked Steve for access, hasn’t gotten a response
  • List moderation
    • Miles has gotten moderation requests, don’t have access.
    • AI: Sae Ra to look at.

7. In camera

  • One item was discussed in camera.

 

Meeting closed at 2033.

Join Linux Australia – Membership is free