1. Meeting overview and key information
- Joel Addison (President)
- Wil Brown (Vice-President)
- Neill Cox (Secretary)
- Russell Stuart (Treasurer)
- Sae Ra Germaine (Council)
- Marcus Herstik (Council)
- Jonathan Woithe (Council)
Meeting opened at 19:41 AEDT by Joel Addison and quorum was achieved.
Minutes taken by Neill Cox
2. Log of correspondence
- Mike O’Connor – LCA/EverythingOpen even for 2024
- We’ve been sent possible venues for EO/LCA in Adelaide. We need to respond with guidance on the budget proposal.
- Venue cost is too high, catering also and projected numbers are too optimistic.
- Sae Ra and Joel will contact Mike and suggest alterations. Russell will send an initial email.
- Possibly we could run an information session for people considering a bid. A skeleton budget could also be provided once a recent actual one has been sanitised.
- Australian Computer Museum Society Grant Proposal
- They seem a good fit, but we need a bit more information. Jonathan will respond and ask for the proposal to be fleshed out a bit so we can be sure it does match our intended use of grants.
- OSI Affiliate directors elections 2023
- Voting has actually closed for this election.
3. Items for discussion
- KiwiPycon(15-17 sept) is currently scheduled close to PyconAU (August)
- Possibly we should get the two groups to discuss timing and its impact on the conferences.
- Neill has volunteered to be the liaison between the LA council and PyConAu
- KiwiPycon is not auspiced by LA, but having the conferences so close together may impact both conferences.
4. Items for noting
- The grants programme is now open and has been announced on the mailing list.
- Can we move the details of the grants programme to the public area of the website while leaving the application form in the logged in area. Jonathon will action this.
- Wil is working on the community handbook and social media manager position description but is unlikely to finish either soon.
- Draft versions are available for council members to review.
5. Other business
- Next meeting is a subcommittee meeting, Joel will need to explain to Neill how to organise one.
- Council will put out a call for conference bids ASAP. Joel and Sae Ra will put out a formal request by early next week (18th) as part of that we will propose an information session for teams considering a bid.