1. Meeting overview and key information
- Joel Addison (President)
- Wil Brown (Vice-President)
- Clinton Roy (Secretary)
- Russell Stuart (Treasurer)
- Jonathan Woithe (Council)
- Neil Cox (Council)
- Lilac Kapul (Council)
Meeting opened at 20:07 AEDT by Joel and quorum was achieved.
Minutes taken by Clinton Roy
2. Log of correspondence
- Logan LUG
3. Items for discussion
- A round of introductions by each member, as this is our first meeting.
- Association Requirements. Joel mentions everything required to be stored about the council, by the public officer: name, address, commencement date. Disclosure of interest register. Joel has created a couple of spreadsheets where all this information can be documented, such that the public officer has access if ever required. Clinton asks if there’s an official list of conflicts.
- ASIC Director Ids. Russell speaks on it. Required for trusts, companies, organisations with an ABN. Becomes mandatory in November. Clinton suggests we put it in the spreadsheet.
- .au domains. The date for purchasing them is coming up (March?). The council needs to work out what domains to attempt to purchase. Linux.org.au and opensource.org.au are the obvious candidates. ACTION ITEM: Joel to communicate with the admin team to get a fuller list of domains. ACTION ITEM: go through sub committees, go through registered business names.
- PyCon AU $100k deposit. We discuss whose call it is to make a decision on the deposit. ACTION ITEM: Secretary to write an email to PyCon AU subcommittee, suggest they have a meeting with the venue ASAP. The council does not wish to push anyone into running a conference unless they want to. Request a date by which the venue needs a decision.
- Gold Coast LUG Subcommittee -needed for virtual events? We don’t have quite all the information required for subcommittee V3.
Joel raises a motion to accept The Gold Coast Lug Subcommittee going forward.
Motion succeeds unanimously.
ACTION ITEM: Russell to ask Steve for all required details.
- Did we need to do anything for Flounder? ACTION ITEM: Clinton to invite Russell Coker to next subcommittee meeting.
4. Items for noting
- ACTION ITEM Clinton needs to do the AGM minutes.
5. Other business
- Rusty Wrench Award
- Need address to send award to: Clinton has the address. ACTION Clinton will ask about address security and go from there.
- LA PO BOX – keys: Will to take ownership of the keys from Julian and start checking.
Meeting closed at 21:00. Next meeting scheduled for 16 February 2022.