Planet Linux Australia
Today I received about five emails with the subject: 3 Big Announcements from MariaDB. Maybe you did as well (else, read it online). October has brought on some very interest announcements, and I think my priority for the big announcements vary a little:
- MariaDB Server is now available on Amazon RDS – you wouldn’t believe how many people ask for this, as many now deploy using Amazon Web Services (AWS), so now that it is available, I consider this to be extremely amazing. You get 10.0.17 today, and within 3-5 months of a GA, you get the next release (the docs are a work of art — read them!).
- MariaDB Server 10.1 is now a stable GA — this is a milestone. Our last stable GA came out in March 2014. There are plenty of new features and we had a developer meeting to plan what comes in 10.2 as well. Remember to read: What is MariaDB 10.1?
- New XAMPP with MariaDB — The new XAMPP does not ship with MySQL any longer but MariaDB Server 10.0.17. This is going to help distribution tremendously as many people use XAMPP as a development environment (it is after all the most popular PHP development environment out there). Remember to get your downloads for Windows/Linux/OSX.
I will probably fold and make the interrupt set a flag so that the main loop can perform an http GET to tell the server as soon as it knows when a state has changed.
Probably the main annoying thing I've still got is that during boot it seems the state of both the gpio pins matters. So if the reed switch is closed when you first spply power then the esp goes into some stall state.
It will be interesting to see how easy OTA firmware updates are for the device.
- On measures of wellbeing – and even on many straight economic growth measures — the EU outperforms the US https://t.co/JPt3vwzzCt 09:42:00, 2015-10-25
- Children in Australia are starting their schooling too early: study by the National Bureau of Economic Research https://t.co/xF6MPLXnOx 15:33:01, 2015-10-24
- Lowell Wood awarded 1085th patent, breaking Edison’s record. Has 3000 more inventions awaiting patent office review https://t.co/CbR1VB5Cac 15:33:04, 2015-10-23
- Smoking killed 100m people in 20th century, set to kill 1bn in the 21st https://t.co/5VXpPyXH38 09:42:04, 2015-10-21
- How startup thinking can bring value into traditional organisations http://t.co/khvyt67sxM 13:19:30, 2015-10-19
- Walmart decries cloud lock-in, plans to open-source OneOps http://t.co/Atq4hH9wkP 11:20:00, 2015-10-19
- Govt passes law to facilitate large scale tax evasion for its corporate cronies http://t.co/ZhI0oPG3ED #auspol 09:42:00, 2015-10-19