Linux Australia, depending on available budget, will from time to time make available funds for open source, open data, open government, open education, open hardware and open culture projects, as part of the organisation’s commitment to free and open source systems and communities in the region.
What Grants are available?
Linux Australia Grants can be sought for the following purposes:
- Overhead costs such as hardware, or bandwidth for an open source, open data, open hardware, open education, or open culture project
- Resources such as web space, hosting, mailing lists
- Advertising or media coverage of an open source, open data, open government, open education, open hardware or open culture event or conference
- Bulk ordering of items that may be useful to user groups or special interest groups
- Support costs for a community project that utilises Free and Open Source Software, open data or open hardware.
- Other costs related to the delivery of the project or grant objective, within reason. Reasonable costs may be included in the grant application for labour or professional services.
Grant Applications are only available to Linux Australia Members.