Squiz is a dynamic, growing Australian company with over 200 staff in 10 offices across 5 countries and we are still growing! We author and support open source web content management software and earn our income primarily through professional services.
We are now looking for a talented Systems Administrator to further strengthen our team in the Melbourne office. As a Squiz Systems Administrator your duties would primarily involve the installation and maintenance of web and intranet servers and associated applications. This would include providing support to clients, and troubleshooting when problems arise.
You will be someone who is really passionate about the web and show a great desire to develop your career in Systems Administration.
Here at Squiz your role will offer you the following opportunities:
- The opportunity to build, install and support a variety of client systems – where your daily tasks will vary each day
- Extend your knowledge of open-source frameworks and technologies
- The opportunity to work in a great, Australian company alongside other Linux System Administrators and Web/IT professionals
- Enjoy occasional travel (This role requires on-site support for clients from time-to-time)
- A great salary package commensurate with your skills and experience
- Enjoy a relaxed and supportive work culture
- Be offered ongoing professional development and potential career advancement as well as the chance to work in a dynamic evolving company that is well respected within the industry.
To be a perfect fit for this role you will need the following skills/attributes:
- Linux (Debian and RedHat Enterprise Linux) and/or Unix experience
- Experience with platform scoping and building solutions
- Good understanding of database (Postgresql/Oracle) administration and SQL
- Skills in PHP programming
- Thorough understanding of Linux/Apache/Postgresql/PHP web application architecture
- Previous exposure to proxy and caching servers (Squid)
- Demonstrated BASH scripting skills, Perl highly regarded
- Experience with network monitoring, including Nagios and OpenNMS
- Understanding of caching, load balancing, and high availability
- Demonstrate a good understanding of server security issues and web protocols
- Demonstrate skills for proactively identifying and resolving potential problems
- A “can do” attitude and professional work practices
- The ability and experience to work well independently as well as part of Squiz’s National System Administration team
- An interest in web applications/CMS and MySource Matrix or other open source software experience is an advantage
- You will need excellent communication skills in order to liaise with a range of clients and internal stakeholders in order to deliver exceptional results in awesome time!
- Must enjoy a projects focused client facing role and have an exceptional service ethic.
If you think you are the right fit for this role, apply today!
As this role requires the applicant to have Government Security Clearance, we will only consider Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents for this position. If you do not already hold security clearance, you must also be willing to undergo a security clearance check.
To apply today please email Erin Rapinett at email@example.com and please include a cover letter addressing the key role requirements.