Sirca is an independent and leading provider of online services to support finance and other big data research conducted by universities, regulators and financial market participant's worldwide. We deliver convenient on-line access to the world's largest integrated financial market databases and associated search and analytic tools. We are a not-for-profit company that services both public and private interests.
Sirca is expanding and to help us manage our growing workload, we are currently seeking extremely talented System Administrators (Linux) to join our Infrastructure team on a permanent/contract basis.
Reporting directly to the Infrastructure Manager this role will suit someone who is technically focused and is able to assess and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
As a Linux Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for providing specialist technical advice and support of the entire ICT infrastructure supported by the Infrastructure team to ensure the stability, integrity and efficient operation of our information systems.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A minimum of 4+ years' experience as a Systems Administrator in a Software Development environment.
- Proven experience using NAS and SAN technology, especially Netapp.
- Experience with System Management utilities like Puppet.
- Experience with KVM virtualisation.
- Strong scripting skills in Bash, Perl or Python.
- Experience with open sources software.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining Linux servers.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive & deploy technology change into a production environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, customer driven with a "can do" attitude.
- Experience with Amazon web services i.e deploying & managing software within AWS.
- Experience in managing, configuring and tuning Cassandra Clusters.
- Strong knowledge of networking switches and firewalls.
- Recognised degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Understanding of SDLC.
- Exposure to software project management.
- Understanding of highly available systems operations in a commercial environment.
What's on offer!!!
- You will be a part of a highly professional, close knit and elite team working in a dynamic environment.
- Immediate start
- You will be working alongside the best in the industry
ARE YOU READY FOR THE CHALLENGE?
If you think you have what it takes, then we want to hear from you! Please submit your CV along with a cover letter telling us why you deserve this fabulous opportunity to: email@example.com, quoting reference SA-0613