IT OFFICER (Linux Environment)
The Public Service Association (PSA) is the principal trade union representing Public Sector workers.
The PSA is dedicated to pursuing the interests of its members through strong, effective leadership and community advocacy.
We are seeking a dynamic and flexible IT Officer, who is willing to be involved in all levels of IT administration, operations and support. Recent IT graduates with the capacity to function at a high level are encouraged to apply.
This is a full time, contract position based in Adelaide CBD.
What we are looking for:
* Qualifications and experience in IT
* Knowledge and experience in server infrastructure (including installing, configuring, and upgrading associated network and desktop hardware)
* Experience maintaining primarily Linux but also Windows Server 2000+ systems
* Programming experience : Bash, PHP and SQL
* Working experience with virtualisation of Linux environments
* Experience in the use and support of Linux-based productivity software (ie Evolution, OpenOffice) plus MS Office
* Good understanding of open source technologies
* Ability to troubleshoot problems quickly and effectively (including thin client / desktop problems at the server level)
* Demonstrated high level analytical and problem solving skills
* Experience preparing and uploading material for online publication
* Working knowledge of database administration
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How to apply:
Submit a resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position.
Apply to: Project Officer Wendy Townsend firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions contact Wendy 8205 3220 (Wednesday to Friday)