Council Minutes 07 October 2015

1. Meeting overview and key information
Present: Josh H, Chris, Josh S, Craige, James

Apologies: Sae Ra Germaine, Tony

Meeting opened by Josh Hesketh at 1949hrs and quorum was achieved

MOTION that the previous minutes of 30 September are correct
Moved: Chris N
Seconded: Josh S

2. Log of correspondence
Motions moved on list

General correspondence

New PyconAU 2016 Subcommittee proposal from RICHARD JONES
MOTION by JOSH HESKETH to accept the proposal of creating a new subcommittee under V2 of the subcommittee policy
Site Chair
Richard Jones (bank account manager)
Conference Members
Javier Candiera
Graeme Cross
Tennessee Leeuwenburg
Rory Hart
Ryan Kelly (treasurer, bank account manager)
Community Members
Chris Neugebauer
Tim Ansell
Clinton Roy
Passed with 1 abstention.
ACTION: Josh H to contact Richard Jones with details and training on accounts etc.
UPDATE: In Progress.
MOTION by Josh H to approve the PyCon AU budget as put forward on Sep 25th
Passed with 2 abstentions
ACTION: Josh H to advise this outcome to the subcommittee

Garnishee Order - Office of State Revenue NSW
Same person, different address, new Garnishee order number.
ACTION: Sae Ra to call and follow-up with Kathy Reid

3. Review of action items from previous meetings

Request from infrastructure subcommittee for assistance around previous LCA websites.
ACTION: Sae RA to work with Steve W around this

Email from DONNA BENJAMIN regarding website and update to D8 or possible rebuild.
Discussion held about means of finding people willing to assist with both the maintenance of the website platform as well as the content available on this.
JOSH H to speak to Donna regarding this
UPDATE: Ongoing
UPDATE: to be moved to a general action item. To do a call for help to work on the website. Could this be treated as a project.
We need to at least get the website to D8 and automate the updating process.
ACTION: Josh to get a backup of the site to Craig
ACTION: Craige to stage the website to see how easy it is to update.
UPDATE: Craige to log in to the website to elevate permissions.
UPDATE: Still in progress
ACTION: Josh H to tarball the site.
Outstanding action

ACTION: Josh H and Tony to assess an appropriate amount to transfer funds back from NZ to Australia.
Update: Still in progress

ACTION: Josh H to follow-up on Invoices from WordCamp Sydney
UPDATE: Would be interested in changing the subcommittee structure for ongoing conferences. Conference committees to draft a policy.
UPDATE: Currently being followed up.
ACTION: Josh H to follow this up

Admin Team draft budget from STEVEN WALSH
UPDATE: Awaiting for a more firm budget
UPDATE: Still awaiting
UPDATE: Steve is on holidays and it will be followed up later.
UPDATE: Tony to follow up.

4. Items for discussion

LCA2016 update
Regos expected to open within 1 week

LCA2017 update
No update

LCA2018 update
1 potential bid developing and council working with this team.
Further updates to be provided for next meeting

PyCon AU update
Deposit to be paid to venue

Drupal South
No update

Additional sponsorship obtained. Sales continuing

No update

JoomlaDay taking place this weekend

5. Items for noting
Second F2F
Dates have been set for 20th-22nd November F2F
Confirmations from council members received and bookings to commence

MOTION moved by Josh H to congratulate council member Craige on his recent wedding
Seconded by Chris N
Passed unanimously

Meeting room for AGM has been booked.

6. Other business
Membership of auDA
ACTION: Josh H to sign up with LA CC
UPDATE: In progress
Application has been received. We will be informed of the results in the coming weeks.

Meetup payments for LCA, Humbug, LibrePlanet.
Clinton Roy has been funding the account.
We are currently paying for the SLUG meetup.
Deferred until current meetup account is evaluated and if it can use the LA account or if we have to create a new account.
LCA is now under the Linux Australia account
ACTION: Josh H to find out how to consume the other Meetup events: Humbug, LibrePlanet.
Humbug meetup has a subscription for the next 6 months.

7. In camera
3 items were discussed in camera

2020PM Close