Council Minutes 09 September 2015

1. Meeting overview and key information

Josh H, Josh S, Sae Ra, Tony, Chris, Craige,
James Iseppi

Meeting opened by Josh H at 1948hrs and quorum was achieved

MOTION that the previous minutes of 25 August are correct
Moved: Josh H
Seconded: Craig
Carried with 2 abstentions

2. Log of correspondence
Motions moved on list

General correspondence

Mirroring of OpenVZ files from SERGEY BRONNIKOV
Forwarded to the Mirroring Team about the ability to take care of the mirror.
Currently the server may not have the capacity but to ask again in 6 months time.
COMPLETED: Can be removed from further agendas.

New PyconAU 2016 Subcommittee proposal from RICHARD JONES
MOTION by JOSH HESKETH to accept the proposal of creating a new subcommittee under V2 of the subcommittee policy
Site Chair
Richard Jones (bank account manager)
Conference Members
Javier Candiera
Graeme Cross
Tennessee Leeuwenburg
Rory Hart
Ryan Kelly (treasurer, bank account manager)
Community Members
Chris Neugebauer
Tim Ansell
Clinton Roy
Passed with 1 abstention.
ACTION: Josh H to contact Richard Jones with details and training on accounts etc.

Cheque from Milton State School
PyconAU Registration cheque
ACTION: Sae Ra to deposit the cheque.

3. Review of action items from previous meetings

Request for budget information regarding for a bid team

Email from DONNA BENJAMIN regarding website and update to D8 or possible rebuild.
Discussion held about means of finding people willing to assist with both the maintenance of the website platform as well as the content available on this.
JOSH H to speak to Donna regarding this
UPDATE: Ongoing
UPDATE: to be moved to a general action item. To do a call for help to work on the website. Could this be treated as a project.
We need to at least get the website to D8 and automate the updating process.
ACTION: Josh to get a backup of the site to Craig
ACTION: Craige to stage the website to see how easy it is to update.
UPDATE: Craige to log in to the website to elevate permissions.
UPDATE: Still in progress
ACTION: Josh H to tarball the site.
Outstanding action

ACTION: Josh H and Tony to assess an appropriate amount to transfer funds back from NZ to Australia.
Update: Still in progress

ACTION WordCamp Brisbane - JOSH H to contact Brisbane members who may possibly be able to attend conference closing
ACTION: Sae Ra to send through notes on what to say to James.
UPDATE: James delivered a thank you message to WordCamp.
WordCamp was a successful event. Thank you to the organisers.
ACTION: Josh H to get a wrap up/closing report
UPDATE: Organisers are meeting and will submit a closing report.
UPDATE: Still in progress
ACTION: Josh H to ping the team

ACTION: Josh H to follow-up on Invoices from WordCamp Sydney
UPDATE: Would be interested in changing the subcommittee structure for ongoing conferences. Conference committees to draft a policy.
UPDATE: Currently being followed up.

Admin Team draft budget from STEVEN WALSH
UPDATE: Awaiting for a more firm budget
UPDATE: Still awaiting
UPDATE: Steve is on holidays and it will be followed up later.

Sponsorship for DrupalCamp event:
for Silver Sponsorship valued at $500
MOTION: Approve the expense of $500 for DrupalCamp Sydney
Seconded James
Passed unanimously.
ACTION: Josh H to let DrupalCamp know.

4. Items for discussion

LCA2016 update
Papers Face to Face was held and was very productive.
Programme has been put together.
Next time we would like to make sure we get more Kernel talks.
ACTION: Sae Ra to talk to team re: scheduling

LCA2017 update
Nothing new at this time.

LCA2018 update
Potential bidding team has requested documentation.

PyCon AU update
Motion previously mentioned
ACTION: Closure report to be sought by Chris N

Drupal South
A new treasurer has been lined up. Details to be discussed at a later date.

Registrations have now been opened.

Red carpet awards was an excellent evening. Lots of interesting talks were given.
There was a lot of interest in having Linux Australia involved in the future.
Previous week’s In Camera note has now been moved to public viewing as below:
Linux Australia was proud to be part of this event and was very proud to be able to reward the prize of the Open Source Bounty to SynergyCity - a GovHack Perth team

Sponsorship has been tracking well.
ACTION: Tony to talk to Carly for an updated budget to be reported at the next council meeting.

5. Items for noting
Second F2F
Dates have been set for 20th-22nd November F2F
ACTION: Send an email on list. Chris will not be able to attend.

Meeting room for AGM has been booked.
Perhaps a catered event may be preferred?
To be discussed at future meetings.

6. Other business
Membership of auDA
Relationship already exists.
LA has the potential to influence the decisions that are made.
ACTION: Council to investigate and look into this further. To be discussed at next fortnight.
UPDATE: Carried to next meeting
MOTION: Josh H moves that LA becomes a Demand Class member of auDA
Seconded: Tony B
Passed unanimously.
ACTION: Josh H to sign up with LA CC
UPDATE: In progress
Application has been received. We will be informed of the results in the coming weeks.

Meetup payments for LCA, Humbug, LibrePlanet.
Clinton Roy has been funding the account.
We are currently paying for the SLUG meetup.
Deferred until current meetup account is evaluated and if it can use the LA account or if we have to create a new account.
LCA is now under the Linux Australia account
ACTION: Josh H to find out how to consume the other Meetup events: Humbug, LibrePlanet.
Humbug meetup has a subscription for the next 6 months.

2022PM Close