Council Minutes Wednesday 02 December 2015

Wed, 2015-12-02 19:56 - 20:50

1. Meeting overview and key information
Chris, Sae Ra, Josh H, Josh S, Tony, Craig


Meeting opened by Josh H at 1956hrs and quorum was achieved

MOTION that the previous minutes of 04 November are correct
Moved: Josh H
Seconded: Josh S
2 abstentions

2. Log of correspondence
Motions moved on list
General correspondence

Offer from PHILLIP SMITH to help with LA Admin
Email from JANET REID regarding ATO feedback

3. Review of action items from previous meetings

Request from infrastructure subcommittee for assistance around previous LCA websites.
ACTION: Sae Ra to work with Steve W around this
In Progress

Email from DONNA BENJAMIN regarding website and update to D8 or possible rebuild.
Discussion held about means of finding people willing to assist with both the maintenance of the website platform as well as the content available on this.
JOSH H to speak to Donna regarding this
UPDATE: Ongoing
UPDATE: to be moved to a general action item. To do a call for help to work on the website. Could this be treated as a project.
We need to at least get the website to D8 and automate the updating process.
ACTION: Josh to get a backup of the site to Craig
ACTION: Craige to stage the website to see how easy it is to update.
UPDATE: Craige to log in to the website to elevate permissions.
UPDATE: Still in progress
ACTION: Josh H to tarball the site.
Outstanding action
In Progress
ACTION: Craige to send key to Josh H
In progress.

ACTION: Josh H and Tony to assess an appropriate amount to transfer funds back from NZ to Australia.
Update: Still in progress
Money shuffling is still required

ACTION: Josh H to follow-up on Invoices from WordCamp Sydney
UPDATE: Would be interested in changing the subcommittee structure for ongoing conferences. Conference committees to draft a policy.
UPDATE: Currently being followed up.
ACTION: Josh H to follow this up
Have received information back. Josh to continue following up.

Admin Team draft budget from STEVEN WALSH
UPDATE: Awaiting for a more firm budget
UPDATE: Still awaiting
UPDATE: Steve is on holidays and it will be followed up later.
UPDATE: Tony to follow up.
In Progress.
Please refer to Action Items list for more items.

4. Items for discussion
LCA2016 update
Sales are going well
Josh H to sit down with David and Kathy re budget

LCA2017 update
Contracts for Wrest Point has arrived
Budget needs to be approved.
Questions have been sent through to the team.
Subcommittee also needs to be approved with Community members.
Contract for Venue is required to be signed. 2 Keynotes have been lined up.

LCA2018 update
Face to Face site visit has been penciled in 9th and 10th Jan

PyConAU update
No updates as yet.

Drupal South
In Progress

Gifts to be sorted

Linux Australia wants to enable GovHack to do good work. GovHack will put forward a forked version of the Subcommittee policy.
Council unanimously support GovHack’s willingness to work with us and welcomes GovHack’s event to be run under the Linux Australia banner

Closure Report to be sought.

Waiting on budget.

WordCamp Sunshine Coast
Subcommittee has been submitted.
Site Team
Luke Carbis (Chair) (Bank Account Manager)
Ricky Blacker (Treasurer) (Bank Account Manager)
Talia Carbis
Rob Stinson
Myles Agnew
Rose Cox

Community Representatives
Dee Teal
Bronson Quick
Dion Hulse

MOTION: JOSH H Linux Australia to accept the formation of the WordCamp Sunshine Coast subcommittee to run a WordCamp on the Sunshine Coast.
Seconded: Tony
Passed unanimously

5. Items for noting
Meeting room for AGM has been booked.

6. Other business
Membership of auDA
ACTION: Josh H to sign up with LA CC
UPDATE: In progress
Application has been received. We will be informed of the results in the coming weeks.
Linux Australia are now members of auDA

Meetup payments for LCA, Humbug, LibrePlanet.
Clinton Roy has been funding the account.
We are currently paying for the SLUG meetup.
Deferred until current meetup account is evaluated and if it can use the LA account or if we have to create a new account.
LCA is now under the Linux Australia account
ACTION: Josh H to find out how to consume the other Meetup events: Humbug, LibrePlanet.
Humbug meetup has a subscription for the next 6 months.
James: to chase up with Clinton re LibrePlanet.

7. In camera
4 items was discussed in camera

2050PM Close