Council Minutes Wednesday 04 November 2015

Wed, 2015-11-04 19:49 - 20:53

1. Meeting overview and key information
Present
Craige, Josh S, Sae Ra, Josh H, James

Apologies:
Tony, Chris

Meeting opened by Josh H at 749hrs and quorum was achieved

MOTION that the previous minutes of 21 October are correct
Moved: Josh
Seconded: Craige
1 abstention

2. Log of correspondence
Motions moved on list

General correspondence

Garnishee Order - Office of State Revenue NSW
Same person, different address, new Garnishee order number.
ACTION: Sae Ra to call and follow-up with Kathy Reid
Emailed and awaiting a response.

Proposal from Christopher Skene to support DrupalGov Canberra as a Linux Australia sub-committee
To be discussed on list.

Grant application from Derren Desouza re coindesk.org impressions
MOTION Josh H, Linux Australia Council politely declines the grant request given the feedback from the Community we believe that the project does not meet the
Seconded Craige
Passed unanimously

3. Review of action items from previous meetings

Request from infrastructure subcommittee for assistance around previous LCA websites.
ACTION: Sae Ra to work with Steve W around this
In Progress
To be added to Face to Face agenda

Email from DONNA BENJAMIN regarding website and update to D8 or possible rebuild.
Discussion held about means of finding people willing to assist with both the maintenance of the website platform as well as the content available on this.
JOSH H to speak to Donna regarding this
UPDATE: Ongoing
UPDATE: to be moved to a general action item. To do a call for help to work on the website. Could this be treated as a project.
We need to at least get the website to D8 and automate the updating process.
ACTION: Josh to get a backup of the site to Craig
ACTION: Craige to stage the website to see how easy it is to update.
UPDATE: Craige to log in to the website to elevate permissions.
UPDATE: Still in progress
ACTION: Josh H to tarball the site.
Outstanding action
In Progress
Completed
ACTION: Craige to send key to Josh H

ACTION: Josh H and Tony to assess an appropriate amount to transfer funds back from NZ to Australia.
Update: Still in progress

ACTION: Josh H to follow-up on Invoices from WordCamp Sydney
UPDATE: Would be interested in changing the subcommittee structure for ongoing conferences. Conference committees to draft a policy.
UPDATE: Currently being followed up.
ACTION: Josh H to follow this up
Have received information back. Josh to continue following up.

Admin Team draft budget from STEVEN WALSH
UPDATE: Awaiting for a more firm budget
UPDATE: Still awaiting
UPDATE: Steve is on holidays and it will be followed up later.
UPDATE: Tony to follow up.

4. Items for discussion

LCA2016 update
Josh H has caught up with the Core Team. Budget to be tweaked and re-budgeted. All in all tracking well.
Zookeepr Payment Gateway
The new payment gateway to be completed by the end of this week, so we have time to cut over before the cutoff date occurs.
Callback from SecurePay needs to be registered correctly.
Updates to be provided to Stakeholders.

LCA2017 update
Tracking along.

LCA2018 update
Bid has been received.
Council to start looking at bid document and to discuss in the coming weeks.
to be placed on the Face-to-face agenda.

PyCon AU update
No news as yet.

Drupal South
Council to follow-up.

OSDConf
Congratulations on a fantastic conference!

GovHack
No update.
Josh S to meet with sponsor coordinator.

JoomlaDay
Josh to seek a wrap up report.

DrupalGov
To be added to future agendas

5. Items for noting
Second F2F
Dates have been set for 20th-22nd November F2F
Confirmations from council members received and bookings to commence

Meeting room for AGM has been booked.

6. Other business
Membership of auDA
ACTION: Josh H to sign up with LA CC
UPDATE: In progress
Application has been received. We will be informed of the results in the coming weeks.

Meetup payments for LCA, Humbug, LibrePlanet.
Clinton Roy has been funding the account.
We are currently paying for the SLUG meetup.
Deferred until current meetup account is evaluated and if it can use the LA account or if we have to create a new account.
LCA is now under the Linux Australia account
ACTION: Josh H to find out how to consume the other Meetup events: Humbug, LibrePlanet.
Humbug meetup has a subscription for the next 6 months.
To go onto the Face-To-Face agenda

7. In camera
4 items was discussed in camera

2053PM Close