Council Minutes 12 August 2015

Wed, 2015-08-12 19:45 - 20:50

1. Meeting overview and key information
Josh H, Josh S, Craige M, Sae Ra, James, Chris, Tony


Meeting opened by Josh H at 1945hrs and quorum was achieved
MOTION that the previous minutes of 28 July are correct
Moved: Sae Ra Germaine
Seconded: Josh H
Carried with 2 abstentions

2. Log of correspondence

Motions moved on list

Motions carried over from list

MOTION by JOSHUA HESKETH to APPROVE the JoomlaDay Brisbane 2015 Budget version as of the 27/07/15
Seconded: James Iseppi
Passed with 3 abstentions

General correspondence

Mirroring of OpenVZ files from SERGEY BRONNIKOV
Forwarded to the Mirroring Team about the ability to take care of the mirror.
Currently the server may not have the capacity but to ask again in 6 months time.

Drupal 8 Invoice
The invoice was paid but there was a discrepancy with the invoice.
This is due to the Overseas Bank Fees.
Marked as resolved.

3. Review of action items from previous meetings

Email from DONNA BENJAMIN regarding website and update to D8 or possible rebuild.
Discussion held about means of finding people willing to assist with both the maintenance of the website platform as well as the content available on this.
JOSH H to speak to Donna regarding this
UPDATE: Ongoing
UPDATE: to be moved to a general action item. To do a call for help to work on the website. Could this be treated as a project.
We need to at least get the website to D8 and automate the updating process.
ACTION: Josh to get a backup of the site to Craige
ACTION: Craige to stage the website to see how easy it is to update.
UPDATE: Craige to log in to the website to elevate permissions.
UPDATE: Still in progress
ACTION: Josh H to tarball the site.
Outstanding action

ACTION: Josh H and Tony to assess an appropriate amount to transfer funds back from NZ to Australia.
Update: Still in progress

ACTION WordCamp Brisbane - JOSH H to contact Brisbane members who may possibly be able to attend conference closing
ACTION: Sae Ra to send through notes on what to say to James.
UPDATE: James delivered a thank you message to WordCamp.
WordCamp was a successful event. Thank you to the organisers.
ACTION: Josh H to get a wrap up/closing report
UPDATE: Organisers are meeting and will submit a closing report.
UPDATE: Still in progress

ACTION: Josh H to follow-up on Invoices from WordCamp Sydney
UPDATE: Would be interested in changing the subcommittee structure for ongoing conferences. Conference committees to draft a policy.
UPDATE: Currently being followed up.

Admin Team draft budget from STEVEN WALSH
UPDATE: Awaiting for a more firm budget
UPDATE: Still awaiting

Sponsorship for DrupalCamp event:
for Silver Sponsorship valued at $500
MOTION: Approve the expense of $500 for DrupalCamp Sydney
Seconded James
Passed unanimously.
ACTION: Josh H to let DrupalCamp know.

4. Items for discussion

LCA2016 update
Call for papers has closed. Would be interesting to see the unique entry numbers.
Papers F2F in 2 weeks time in Sydney

LCA2017 update
No news as yet. Team to meet in the next month or so.

LCA2018 update
There have been no expressions of interest yet.

PyCon AU update
Was a raging success and highly praised. Currently wrapping up the finances. Books will be closed soon and closure report will be sought. Thank you to the PyConAU Brisbane 2014 and 2015
New subcommittee proposal to be submitted for PyConAU 2016.

Drupal South
Correspondence: Quotes from Venue
UPDATE: Waiting on a budget
UPDATE: The treasurer has stepped down. The Lead is looking at options and will get back to us.
ACTION: Tony to remove Si’s access from Xero and Westpac

WordCamp Brisbane
Wrapping up and will be sending through a closure report

ACTION: Josh H to follow-up on budget status
ACTION: Josh to ping OSDConf
Payment for venue has been processed, banking and finances have been sorted.
UPDATE: Josh H to ping OSDConf

Wrapped out and voting will come to a close. 3 finalists have been picked.
UPDATE: Motion will be moved on list tonight.
Red Carpet awards:
Craige McWhirter is able to go to represent LA.
Josh and Josh will reply on list if they are able to go.

Teleconf has been conducted and Xero and Westpac has been introduced to the key members of the team.
Risks have been covered.
Tony to rename the accounts in Westpac.

5. Items for noting
Second F2F
Dates have been set for 14-15-16th F2F
UPDATE: to be deferred until the next Council meeting.
Meeting room for AGM has been booked.

6. Other business

Membership of auDA
Relationship already exists.
LA has the potential to influence the decisions that are made.
ACTION: Council to investigate and look into this further. To be discussed at next fortnight.
UPDATE: Carried to next meeting
MOTION: Josh H moves that LA becomes a Demand Class member of auDA
Seconded: Tony B
Passed unanimously.
ACTION: Josh H to sign up with LA CC
UPDATE: In progress

David would like to keep working on ZooKeepr.
We will need to find a solution that does not block volunteers from helping work on ZooKeepr.
ACTION: James to look at ZooKeepr
UPDATE: In Progress.
UPDATE: to be completed during PyconAU
UPDATE: Migration work has been completed and things are improving. 3 actions are still outstanding with the registration page.
ACTION: Josh S to catch up with David Bell regarding the documentation.
UPDATE: In progress.
UPDATE: James have sent through a request of high priority actions
To be removed from future agendas

Grant Request from Kathy Reid for Renai LeMay’s Frustrated State
MOTION by Josh H given the timing the council has missed the opportunity to be involved in the Kickstarter campaign. The council believes this project is still of interest to its members and will reach out to Renai on what might be helpful in an in kind, financial or other way. Therefore the grant request is no longer current and to be closed.
Seconded Sae Ra Germaine
Passed unanimously
ACTION: Josh Stewart to contact Renai
UPDATE: Contact has been made.

Meetup payments for LCA, Humbug, LibrePlanet.
Clinton Roy has been funding the account.
We are currently paying for the SLUG meetup.
Deferred until current meetup account is evaluated and if it can use the LA account or if we have to create a new account.
LCA is now under the Linux Australia account
ACTION: Josh H to find out how to consume the other Meetup events: Humbug, LibrePlanet.

7. In camera
3 items were discussed in camera

2050PM close.