Minutes of Council Meeting 03 December 2014

Wed, 2014-12-03 19:47 - 20:18

1. Meeting overview and key information

Joshua Hesketh, Kathy Reid, Sae Ra Germaine, Josh Stewart, Christopher Neugebauer

Hugh Blemings, Francois Marier

Meeting opened by Joshua at 1947 and quorum was achieved
Key Stats

Stats not collected this fortnight

MOTION that the previous minutes of 19 November are correct
MOVED by Sae Ra
CARRIED with two abstentions
2. Log of correspondence
Motions moved on list

MOTION by JOSHUA HESKETH that a $400 grant be given to Drupal Camp Sydney for a Christmas event, given the recent profit returned by this event, requested by MAGDA KOSTRZEWA
CARRIED by a majority of Council on list
General correspondence

Drupal Developers’ Conference 2015 grant request from GEMMA ROSE DEVANADERA
Council has been discussing this on list and awaits further community feedback.
For discussion at next Council teleconf.

Council elections and nominations update
In progress, some nominations have been made.
ACTION: Joshua to send reminder to list

Annual General Meeting (AGM) update
ACTION: Kathy and Joshua to get on to this as a priority this week

Office bearer reports
In progress
ACTION: Office bearers to progress

Request to house LinuxSA hosting on Linux Australia servers from DAVID LLOYD
ACTION: Kathy to make contact with David to acknowledge request
ACTION: Joshua to shoulder tap the admin team and see what’s possible

Request for venue hire to be umbrella’d by Debian meeting from ANDREW RUTHVEN
In progress, will be organised as part of linux.conf.au
No further action required, can be removed from minutes next meeting

3. Review of action items from previous meetings

Discussions with Rusty Wrench team around announcing nominations
In progress
ACTION: Need to ensure that Wrench will be in Auckland for awarding

Minutes after 6th May missing from website
UPDATE: Council has been made aware of the missing minutes; they will be published in due course.

ACTION: Joshua Hesketh to seek closure reports on closed events, being DrupalGov, JoomlaDay Sydney, WordCampSydney

ACTION in progress with Admin team for 3 year spending plan for hardware replacement

ACTION with Josh Hesketh to ensure 3 year server support package in progress
Actions are in progress with Admin Team
UPDATE: Admin Team have a hackfest coming up soon and this can be added to the agenda for the Admin Team to discuss. Generally in progress.

Discussion of YouTube assets raised by KATHY REID based on discussions with TIM ANSELL
ACTION: Josh Stewart to work through with Tim Ansell in due course
In progress, Josh has been working with LCA2015 team on this too.
Awaiting access to servers to continue, but generally in progress
UPDATE: Access to YouTube accounts sorted, and metadata for missing 4 LCA years has been found (2010, 2011, 2013, 2009), test uploads have been successful.
Huge thanks are extended to LEON

ACTION: brand/logo policy needs to go on backburner

ACTION: We need to set up a VM to enable continuous delivery for conferences.
ACTION: Joshua to discuss with LCA2016 process for managing ZooKeepr
UPDATE: In progress with admin team. LCA2016 are aware.
UPDATE: We want to be smarter about how we do continuous integration with ZooKeepr, there is some discussion and work to be done here between Geelong LCA2016 team, Admin Team and Joshua. Dependent on Geelong deployment timeframes.

ACTION: Kathy to use @linuxaustralia account to retweet @linuxconfau announcements
UPDATE: In progress

4. Items for discussion

LCA2015 update
In progress

LCA2016 update
Request for hosting received, in progress
Generally progressing well

LCA2017 update
Site visits in planning, coming up soon

PyCon AU update
RECEIVED wrap up of financials from Russell Stuart with thanks
ACTION: Christopher to catch up with them in due course

Drupal South
In progress

Drupal Gov

Expenses claim submitted by Magda

Some financials to wrap up, Speakers’ Gifts in progress

5. Items for noting
6. Other business

Do we still need a Risk Register? Should we put some focus on it?
ACTION: Kathy to update Risk Register and bring back to Council for review
No update since last meeting

Financial year closed

IN PROGRESS: Francois to work with Auditor to sign off 2013/2014 accounts

TO NOTE: Office Bearers to start thinking about Office Bearer reports for the AGM
7. In camera

ACTION: to discuss 31st meeting and rescheduling on list

Three items were discussed in camera

Meeting closed 2018hrs

NEXT MEETING: 17th December 1945hrs