Minutes of Council Meeting 12 August 2014

Tue, 2014-08-12 19:46 - 20:33

Council Minutes Tuesday 12 August 2014

1. Meeting overview and key information

Present

Joshua Hesketh, Christopher Neugebauer, Sae Ra Germaine, Kathy Reid,
Josh Stewart

Apologies

Hugh Blemings, Francois Marier

Meeting opened 1946hrs and quorum was achieved

Key Stats

Not recorded this fortnight
ACTION: Kathy to record for next fortnight

Review last minutes and move MOTION that they be accepted

MOTION that the minutes of 29 July are correct and complete

MOVED by Joshua Hesketh

SECONDED Sae Ra Germaine

CARRIED with one abstention

2. Log of correspondence

Motions moved on list

Nil moved on list this fortnight

General correspondence

*

Received advice re: zookeepr.org domain name from past President,
JOHN FERLITO
No further action required, domain has been renewed

*

Received bid for LCA2017 from Hobart, led by CHRISTOPHER NEUGEBAUER
Council thanks the Hobart team for their bid

*

*

Received reworked budget from MAGDA KOSTREWA from DrupalCamp Sydney
ACTION: To be reviewed and voted on on list

*

Received LCA2015 July report from CHERIE ELLIS on behalf of LCA2015 team
Council thanks Cherie and the LCA2015 team for the update

*

Data mining previous LCA delegates discussion (from lca-ghosts list)
Council discussed this issue, and the pros and cons of whether
direct marketing to previous LCA attendees is appropriate. The
initial request was for data mining to identify key trends, and the
later discussion was around the possibility of direct marketing.

MOTION by Kathy Reid that Linux Australia declines at this point in
time to use previously collected data for direct marketing purposes.
SECONDED Sae Ra Germaine
CARRIED with one abstention

*

Support request from HELEN (surname omitted for privacy) re
pre-loaded Linux laptops
No further action required

3. Review of action items from previous meetings

*

Discussion of YouTube assets raised by KATHY REID based on
discussions with TIM ANSELL
ACTION: Josh Stewart to work through with Tim Ansell in due course

*

Mailing list policy
ACTION: all to read through for further discussion next meeting

*

ACTION: Joshua Hesketh to amend Subcommittee records appropriately
(for new subcommittees)

*

ACTION: Josh to arrange signing of license and close loop with SHANE
COUGHLAN (re: open invention network)
In progress, can be removed next minutes

*

ACTION: brand/logo policy needs to go on backburner

*

ACTION: Joshua to follow up with LUV
ACTION: Joshua to email LUV publicly thanking them for their efforts
in running the event
Complete, can be removed next minutes

*

ACTION: We need to set up a VM to enable continuous delivery for
conferences.
ACTION: Francois to chat to the LCA2015 team to identify what the
private git repositories are being used for. James Iseppi and Joshua
Hesketh are also key contacts in this space.

4. Items for discussion

1.

LCA2015 update
Update received with thanks, tracking really well.
Papers currently being reviewed.

2.

LCA2016 update
In progress

3.

LCA2017 update
One bid received

4.

PyCon AU update
Likely to return a profit

5.

Drupal South
Joshua to reach out to organisers

6.

Drupal Gov
Joshua to reach out to organisers

7.

JoomlaDay Sydney
In progress

8.

DrupalCampSydney
Budget to be reviewed

9.

WordCampSydney
Bank accounts set up
ACTION: Kathy to pass on Westpac passwords when they arrive

5. Items for noting

6. Other business

Software freedom day

We are about 6 weeks' away from Software Freedom Day - are there any
updates or support we need to provide?
No requests for support received. Council noted we are willing to assist
where we can if requested or approached.

Congratulations to GovHack on excellent event
ACTION: Kathy to formally correspond with GovHack

Council succession planning

General discussion around documenting roles in preparation for Council
elections in December to encourage lots of people to nominate.
ACTION: Kathy to send around documentation for her role
Link is at:
http://wiki.linux.org.au/Council:Main_Page#Documented_roles_for_Council

CHRIS NEUGEBAUER kindly left the meeting at 2013hrs to allow Council to
discuss Hobart LCA2017 bid in camera.

7. In camera

5 items were discussed in camera

Meeting closed 2033hrs