Minutes of Council Meeting 15 July 2014

Tue, 2014-07-15 19:47 - 20:10

Council Minutes Tuesday 15 July 2014

Present

Mr Josh Stewart, Ms Sae Ra Germaine, Ms Kathy Reid (minutes), Mr
Francois Marier

Apologies

Mr Hugh Blemings, Mr Joshua Hesketh, Mr Christopher Neugebauer

Meeting opened 1947hrs and quorum was achieved

Key Stats

Key stats not completed this fortnight

ACTION: Kathy to complete next fortnight

Review last minutes and move MOTION that they be accepted

MOTION that the minutes of 1 July are correct and complete

MOVED by Sae Ra

SECONDED by Josh

CARRIED, one abstention

Log of correspondence

*

Another call for bids for LCA 2017 has gone out today. One response
to formal call for bids so far. Council discussed whether any more
bids are likely, general feeling they are not, and to encourage more
bids.

*

Thank you received from MICHAEL CORDOVER for GRANT REQUEST for FOI
Senate voting software request.
ACTION: Francois to reimburse Christopher

*

LaTrobe Valley Linux Miniconf
UPDATE: Following on from last meeting MOTION that LA work with LUV
on forming a committee to run this event under LA's auspices, a
Committee has now been formed with membership as follows;

*

Daniel Jitnah - LUV Vice-President

*

Wen Lin - LUV Treasurer

*

Terry Kemp - Morwell community representative
Other places on committee to be filled by Council until nominations
can be sought

*

Update on JoomlaDay Sydney from TIM PLUMMER

MOTION by Kathy Reid that LA consider the budget further
SECONDED Francois Marier
CARRIED unanimously,
ACTION: Council to consider JoomlaDay Sydney budget with view to
providing feedback to TIM PLUMMER over next week

3. Review of action items from previous meetings

*

Discussion of YouTube assets raised by KATHY REID based on
discussions with TIM ANSELL
ACTION: Josh Stewart to work through with Tim Ansell in due course

*

Notification of closure of OWOOT activities by MARY GARDINER
ACTION: Joshua Hesketh to draft a thank you notice
UPDATE: Kathy to pick up instead

*

Review the status of our participation in Open Innovation Network
and take any further required action
Council discussed briefly, to remain on Agenda as an active action item
ACTION: Josh Stewart to review and come back to Council with
recommendation / close out activities

*

Mailing list policy
ACTION: all to read through for further discussion next meeting
DEFER to next meeting for discussion

4. Items for discussion

1.

LCA2015 update

1.

Francois has met with Cherie to get an update.

2.

LCA2016 update

1.

Team met last night,
ACTION: Kathy to send through team meeting notes

3.

LCA2017 update

1.

3 weeks until close of official bids, 1 bid received so far

4.

PyCon AU update

1.

In progress

5.

Drupal South

1.

ACTIONKathy to reach out to Donna Benjamin to schedule
tweets from @linuxaustralia Twitter account

1.

Drupal Gov

1.

ACTION: Kathy to provide banking details to ADAM MALONE
ACTION COMPLETE, can be removed from minutes

1.

JoomlaDay Sydney

1.

In progress

2.

Are on new Subcommittee Policy

3.

Have an approved budget

5. Items for noting

Enquiry about membership approval
ACTION: Kathy to approve / validate memberships

6. Other business

Nil received

7. In camera

2 matters were discussed in camera, one relating to Pycon AU and one
relating to LCA2015.

Meeting closed 2010hrs