Thu, 2010-12-02 20:22 - 20:54
Linux Australia teleconference, and #LACTTE IRC channel
- Apologies: Alice Boxhall, Elspeth Thorne
- Present: Peter Lieverdink, Michael Carden, John Ferlito, Joshua Hesketh
- Accept minutes of Last Meeting
Proposed: John; Seconded: Michael. The motion was carried unanimously.
- Status update on LCA2011
All tracking OK.
- Status update on LCA2012
The council has made a decision regarding LCA2012.
- Status update on Drupal Down Under
CFP is open, past break-even point now. All good.
- Status update on WordCamp Melbourne
The council will set up a bank account for the team.
- Status update on Survey
- Election process and AGM
The council has picked dates and will post an announcement after confirming the AGM date with the LCA team. Mr Smith has accepted the position of returning officer.
- Diversity policy sponsorship requirements
- Community wiki
- Insurance query re HackerSpaces
Waiting for Hackerspaces. Might be an extra $2k - $3k on our policy.
- Associations Incorporation Act 2009
Discussion of any items that provide relevant information to the council and which might generate motions for next meeting or new action items.
- Event networking
The council have received a proposal to put together an event networking kit.
- Woodslane discount
The council has received a proposal from Woodslane to offer discount on books for LA members in return for a logo on the website.
- Event video
The council has received a verbal proposal to form an event video production sub-committee