Are you interested in joining a dynamic and highly collaborative Agile environment, working with an iconic digital organisation, who genuinely believe their people and excellence are key to their success?
We are currently seeking an energetic Linux System Engineer, to design and build scalable, robust, business critical infrastructure solutions across an exciting program of work. As a domain expert for technical infrastructure, you will have expertise working in an online and transactional capacity, assisting the whole program of work in solution design.
Being passionate in leading edge Linux Engineering community and practices, the successful candidate will have the following responsibilities -
- Full lifecycle management of the design, build, deployment and maintenance of infrastructure, on a medium to large scale.
- Support of implementation, assisting in delivery of robust, scalable systems, on-time and on-budget.
- Fault diagnosis and analysis of systems, ensuring the performance in accordance with specified standards, using systems and diagnostic tools.
- Creation and maintenance of automated and re-usable processes for provisioning of infrastructure.
- Proactive identification of opportunities to enhance infrastructure
- Virtualisation and high availability of technologies, using clustering solutions
The ideal candidate will have -
- In depth experience in Unix/Linux, IP Networking, Cloud Computing, Virtualisation or DevOps.
- Experience in capacity planning and reporting
- Expertise across disaster recovery and mitigation planning
- Incident and problem resolution with exposure to the ITIL Service Delivery framework.
- Enterprise backup solutions with SAN/NAS storage technologies.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a collaborative team environment, working as a passionate and enthusiastic Linux professional in a hands on capacity. This permanent career opportunity is based in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD.
To find out more about this role, please contact Tom Lewis @ Seed Talent on 03 8669 0954.