This progressive and popular Online Marketing company is currently seeking a dynamic, energetic Linux Systems Engineer with a passion for all things open source.
You will be working within a high performing collaborative team where ideas are encouraged to make on-going improvements to the system and implement new technologies. Ideas and innovation is fostered in the immediate team and broader IT group. You'll be working in Agile based cross functional teams responsible for the performance and 24 x 7 99.99% availability of a number of leading commercial web sites. This role will involve BAU support as well as project work.
Key Attributes for Success:
- Solid commercial Linux Systems Administration (RedHat, Debian, Ubuntu, Centos etc) within online web environments
- Experience managing 24x7 99.9% plus availability and performance within a paid support roster
- Reverse and forward caching
- Experience with a number of open source monitoring and administration tools - Cacti, Nagios, Akamai, Squid, Splunk
- Knowledge/experience with SAN (NetApp preferred)
- Experience working in VMWare ESXi virtualised environments
- Interest/experience in Cloud and Amazon EC2
- Passion and drive for self improvement - you enjoy attending user groups, meet-ups, forums etc related to Linux, DevOps, Virtualisation, Agile etc
- Great communication skills, an ability to work closely with developers and engineers and confidence to present ideas in open forums
In return you'll receive great financial and career benefits including a hefty training/conference budget, bonus structure, discounts on products and insurance, additional leave buy-back schemes etc.
To find out more, call Liz Trinh from Itcom Australia on (03) 9929 9512.