DUG is a technology company at the forefront of high-performance computing (HPC) with a strong
foundation in applied physics. Our innovative hardware and software solutions for the global
technology and resource sectors enable our clients to leverage large and complex data sets. Our
constant focus on research and development combined with a wealth of industry experience has
equipped us with the technical excellence needed to provide state-of-the-art HPC as a service
The DUG platform team is responsible for the development of the software and IT ecosystem which
connects our users and their applications to DUG’s global HPC compute resources in a simple, efficient
and reliable manner.
In this role you will be developing a variety of tools using different technologies and languages
including performance and status logging systems, automations for common operations, integrations
to new infrastructure and more as the platform evolves. You will bring new ideas to the table, explore
new technologies and influence design decisions. You will gain knowledge of common HPC
technologies such as massively parallel cluster queueing systems. You will be responsible for ensuring
the tools are stable, reliable and conform to best practices. You have a bias for action and understand
the balance between writing neat and maintainable software and delivering urgent solutions for time
This is a chance to work with some of the largest and greenest compute engines on earth with a
friendly team who are passionate about technology. Contact DUG if this sounds like you, or if you
believe you have the passion to work with our team in any capacity.
● Develop and maintain backend system tools to support the DUG platform
● Develop and maintain automated testing for platform tools
● Develop and maintain automated deployment and provisioning of platform tools
● Investigate and resolve complex platform issues
● Provide technical support for critical, time-sensitive, otherwise-unresolvable operational issues
● Provide and receive regular, constructive feedback to and from your peers
● Collaborate on priority and scheduling for rapid development iterations
● Act as mentor for an exceptional intern or junior developer
● Further your knowledge in the field of high performance computing and software engineering.
You should have:
● Demonstrated skills as a software developer in a typical general-purpose development
language (e.g. Java, C/C++, Python, C#)
● Demonstrated skills using systems administration tools (e.g. shell scripting, standard linux
● Experience with Linux system environment, configuration and administration
● Experience using system provisioning and configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible,
● Experience working with globally-distributed teams and team collaboration tools
● Excellent written and spoken business and technical English.
You may also have experience with:
● Linux system programming (e.g. kernel interaction, low-level system libraries)
● CI/CD build pipelines and associated tools/concepts (e.g. GitOps, Bamboo, Artifactory,
● Web systems development.
An attractive salary will be negotiated based on skills and experience.
This role is based in Perth, Western Australia. DUG will consider relocating candidates or negotiate
remote work arrangements for candidates with prior remote work experience.