Our software development team play a pivotal role in our success, from creating optimised imaging software for our high performance compute clusters, to developing innovative visualisations and task-focused user interfaces for emerging customer requirements.
We’re looking for software developers to join our efforts to develop the next generation of seismic processing and interpretation applications; developers who are keen to learn new domain knowledge, tools, and techniques, and then extend these into innovative ideas of their own.
As a Senior Desktop Application Developer, you’ll work with a small team of energetic problem solvers on ambitious software challenges. You’ll use our agile continuous integration process to rapidly deploy advanced features to internal users, while also meeting production schedules for stable releases to external clients. Your enthusiasm for learning will enable you to implement complex features in Java and/or C, and employ your design smarts on new user interfaces, APIs, high performance computing and cluster data challenges. You’ll be highly prized for the breadth of geophysical knowledge you’re building as you solve challenging software problems for your users. When submitting your application, you’ll have shown you read this job description in its entirety by including ‘Shibboleth’ in your cover letter.
• high- and detailed-level design of complex geophysical software,
• implementation, testing, and maintenance of software in Java and/or C,
• inspection and maintenance of software written by other members of the team,
• becoming conversant in basic geophysics and petrophysics, common industry workflows, unique DUG algorithms, and competitors’ technologies,
• acting as 3rd-level technical support, for otherwise-unresolvable customer issues,
• supporting internal users in the company’s service divisions, often involving critical, time-sensitive issues,
• providing and receiving regular, constructive feedback to and from your peers,
• collaborating on priority and scheduling for rapid product iterations,
• acting as mentor for an exceptional intern or junior developer.
• demonstrated expert-level skills as a software developer in C, C++, and/or Java,
• a history of advanced work in some of our major focus areas, such as 3D visualisation, data management and I/O performance, human/computer interaction, highly-parallel computing, or numerical processing,
• excellent written and spoken business and technical English, suitable for working directly with customers,
• impeccable professional references or a recognisable shibboleth.
(We suggest that most people require at least 10-15 years of serious programming, either for fun, at school, or at work, to reach this level.)
An attractive salary will be negotiated based on skills and experience.