At DUG, we offer high-performance computing as a service for a wide variety of clients. Built on many years of experience in geophysics, our world-class compute cluster is tailor-made for scientific computing and attracts a diverse range of computationally-intensive projects.
We’re looking for a Linux systems programmer with familiarity in writing optimised software and scripts to help port new client computing projects to our worldwide HPC infrastructure.
As HPC Systems Programmer, you’ll be part of a team of technical experts responsible for ensuring that customers can use our compute infrastructure as productively as possible. Your pragmatic approach will help you deal with third-party software that’s not always of especially high quality, and either using or building the right tools for the job. You’ll become proficient in the languages and techniques used in these projects, as well as an evolving and somewhat-unique HPC environment.
● porting of client code and scripts to DUG’s HPC environment
● inspection and maintenance of software written by other members of the team
● becoming conversant in the problem domains of new projects
● acting as 3rd-level technical support, for otherwise-unresolvable customer issues
● providing and receiving regular, constructive feedback to and from your peers
● collaborating on priority and scheduling for rapid project delivery
● demonstrable familiarity with C or C++, Python, and Bash
● experience as a Linux user/administrator (able to perform tasks such as installing complex software with challenging dependencies; building and installing a patched kernel; or diagnosing a device driver problem)
● familiarity with performance optimisation considerations and approaches
● excellent written and spoken business and technical English, suitable for working directly with clients
● impeccable professional references
An attractive salary will be negotiated based on skills and experience.