At DUG, we offer high performance computing as a service for a wide variety of clients. Built on many years of experience in geophysics, our world class compute cluster is tailor-made for scientific computing and attracts a diverse range of computationally intensive projects.
We’re looking for an IT-savvy professional with a passion for customer satisfaction and a track record of excellence in technical and project leadership to manage the onboarding of new projects on our cloud compute solutions.
As HPC Service Delivery Manager, you’ll be directing a team of technical experts optimising client codes to best utilise our HPC infrastructure. You’ll collaborate with client, commercial and technical stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle, managing and reporting on project requirements, estimation and progress. Your experience in delivery and project management workflows will help ambitious large scale client projects onboard efficiently, while also providing an excellent experience for prospective client demonstration projects. Your background in customer service will enable you, as a key contact for client queries, to manage client expectations throughout their projects. Your interest or background in IT will help you become conversant in DUG compute technologies and solutions, and allow you to maintain and manage task and project management systems.
1. List of Responsibilities (not necessarily exhaustive):
• Project management including project assessments, quoting, supervision and completion of projects, scheduling, resource management, and project reporting.
• Act as a primary contact for internal and external clients, understanding and managing their expectations, corresponding with and resolving issues.
• Manage the HPC services team and resources, and provide project metrics and accountability to senior management.
• Continuous improvement, driving process improvements.
• Becoming conversant in the problem domains of new and existing projects.
• Write documentation and provide presentations for clients and internal users.
• Comply with the Company’s HSE regulations and policy.
• Cooperate with supervisory and management personnel to ensure the Company’s safety responsibilities are fulfilled.
• Demonstrable familiarity with linux systems. Management experience in an HPC environment is a plus.
• Knowledge of scientific programming.
• Experience as a technical lead, customer service or project manager, or a similar role in a relevant technical field is a bonus.
• Excellent written and spoken business and technical English, suitable for working directly with both technical and non-technical clients.
• Impeccable professional references.
• An attractive salary will be negotiated based on skills and experience.