DUG is a technology company specialising in high-performance computing solutions to challenging problems. Our software products and services are at the cutting edge of HPC, delivering efficient scientific data processing solutions for geophysics, astrophysics, medical and other industries. Our continued growth calls for an enthusiastic web developer to help lead the front end development of a number of new web-enabled applications and tools.
This Perth-based role will have you working on a variety of applications and tools, from maintaining existing internal software to building new customer-facing web applications. You’ll employ your design smarts to develop custom graphical widgets, high-performance dashboards, and intuitive user interfaces. You’re a generalist, and your proficiency in both established and emerging frameworks will help you shape upcoming projects while applying modern best practices to the maintenance of legacy systems. You’ll collaborate with a small team of energetic problem solvers on ambitious projects and advanced features to meet the production schedules of internal and external clients. You’ll have shown you have an eye for detail by mentioning ‘Shibboleth’ in your cover letter.
If working with a variety of technologies, operating systems and local and distributed compute sounds enticing, if you want to be a part of a new project team developing next-generation products, and if delivering results to enthusiastic customers drives you like it does us, then we need to talk.
List of responsibilities:
* Review and maintenance of software written by other developers
* Becoming conversant in client problem domains, industry best practices, languages, and frameworks
* Providing third-level support for otherwise unresolvable, time-sensitive user issues
* Collaborating on the design and prototyping of complex web applications
* Design and maintenance of CI/CD pipelines for web systems
* Collaborating on priority and scheduling for rapid product iterations
* Troubleshooting and resolving integration issues on a variety of operating systems and browser platforms
* Acting as a mentor for an exceptional intern or junior developer.
* Demonstrable proficiency using one or more web development frameworks such as React, Angular and Vue, and their associated build pipelines
* Solid understanding of web security and authentication approaches and concerns
* Excellent written and spoken business and technical English, suitable for working directly with end-users
* Familiarity with software development processes and practices in an agile continuous integration environment (specific technologies and processes are a plus, but not required)
* Impeccable professional references or a recognisable contribution to open source projects.
Experience with the following will be highly regarded:
* Experience with general-purpose development languages such as Java, C#, C/C++, or Python
* A history showing initiative in some of our major focus areas, including high-performance custom widget development, complex real-time visualisations, or efficient implementation of large, comprehensive user interfaces.
An attractive salary will be negotiated based on skills and experience.
This role is based in Perth, Western Australia. DUG will consider relocating candidates or negotiate remote work arrangements for candidates with prior remote work experience.
Kindly email us your resume at https://careers.dug.com/jobs/BDFMpyZTWKA6/front-end-software-engineer-hpc-products