Squiz is a dynamic, growing Australian company with over 200 staff in 10 offices across 5 countries and opening more. We author and support open source web content management software and make our money primarily through professional services.
We’re looking for a Technical Consultant that is really passionate about the web. Someone who knows their stuff and is wanting to be instrumental in the implementation of solid web standards implementation practices.
At Squiz, the role of Technical Consultant provides you with the opportunity to:
* Utilise your broad knowledge of web technologies to steer large government and corporate projects
* Apply your problem solving skills, combined with the training Squiz provides, to become a master in Squiz's ECMS solutions and services
* Work with Business Managers and Project Managers to build client relationships, scope and estimate projects and help the Squiz team deliver winning project outcomes
* Apply your problem solving and technical skills to develop solutions proactively
* Work on multiple projects in a fast paced and dynamic environment
* Join a company that is cutting edge, innovative and pushing the boundaries of web implementation
* Work with, support and inspire a team of skilled and passionate web professionals
* Receive comprehensive training and continuing education
Squiz is now looking for a creative and confident individual with a deep understanding and an applied knowledge of frontend web technologies and some exposure to maintaining client relationships and running client projects. In order to be a successful applicant in this role, you will need the following skills/attributes:
* A talent for translating business needs into working solutions
* Fantastic communication and documentation skills
* A "can-do" problem-solving attitude
* A firm grasp of W3C (X)HTML standards and WAI accessibility guidelines
* At least 3 years full time experience as a front-end or back-end web developer and some project coordination experience within a client facing position
* An excellent eye for detail
* A good understanding of browser compatibility
* Experience with standards-based integration (SOAP, REST, JSON) and XML data
* Practical experience with SQL (including Triggers and views) and XML data
* Enjoy working on numerous concurrent projects autonomously and as part of a team
* The capacity to inspire and educate your team members
* Linux/Unix shell skills a plus
* PHP programming skills a plus
* The ability to work with internal stakeholders to improve internal processes, influencing productivity and output quality
Squiz are determined to innovate, push boundaries and forge our own public identity. If you see this as an opportunity, if you’re up for the challenge, if you have the right skills and you believe you can help us be a leader in the industry, then we really want you to apply.
The role is located in our Leichhardt head office (Sydney). Applications to email@example.com or if there are any questions you can contact our Human Resources Manager - Erin Rapinett on (02) 8507 9900.
Squiz does not accept applications via recruitment agencies - recruitment agents please do not contact Squiz.