EngageMedia is looking for skilled, motivated, energetic person to lead our software development and technology program activities. You'll have a passion for innovation, coordination of teams across the globe, you're a great communicator and you like traveling. This is a full-time position open to anyone within a Sydney to Bangalore timezone.
This is a terrific opportunity to work with a dynamic and fast moving social change media, training and technology organisation with a five year track record in software development and video for change strategies.
We're a team and you'll be an integral part of it. So, if you've got the energy, the skills and the enthusiasm we want to hear from you.
The Technology Director is responsible for overseeing EngageMedia's Technology in Action program; managing the development of the Plumi video sharing system, a range of on the ground technology based projects and project teams, and overseeing the organisation's technical infrastructure.
The Director of Technology is not a developer or systems administrator. The position manages a team of technologists and projects to assist EngageMedia's work toward social justice and environmental causes.
The aims of the position are to:
* develop EngageMedia and Plumi's technical networks and communities to enhance the quality of the Plumi package and its ability to support citizen media initiatives;
* ensure the successful implementation and impact of EngageMedia's Technology in Action program among a range of progressive media, social justice and environmental organisations;
* ensure EngageMedia's technical infrastructure is operating effectively so as to enable the smooth functioning of the organisation as a whole.
* A proven track record of coordinating software development and successfully managing projects to completion.
* Proven track record of creating social impact through your work.
* Academic qualification, or demonstrated skills equivalent in a technology, media or management field.
* Excellent English communications skills.
* Experience managing and motivating geographically dispersed teams.
* Software development experience.
* Experience in a dynamic development environment using light-weight methodologies.
* At least 5 years experience in a related field.
* Extensive project management and management experience.
* Analytical and problem solving abilities
* Excellent time management.
* Experience working with online media initiatives.
* An understanding of the latest online video technologies.
A salary package will be negotiated based on the level of skill / expertise and the location of the successful candidate. Remuneration will be in-keeping with country based international NGO rates and conditions.
Short-listed candidates will receive specific information on the salary range on this basis.
Initial 12 month contract with a 3 month trial period.
How to apply
* describe your interest in the position and why you would want to work with EngageMedia; (Max 500 words)
* respond concisely, but briefly, to each of the selection criteria;
* append your CV and at least the names and phone numbers of two referees.
Email your application with the subject "Technology Director" by close of business Friday 15 January, 2011 to email@example.com.
Note all email applicants must send their applications as attached PDF or .RTF (rich text format) files.
* Only short-listed applicants will be notified.
* Interviews will be held from 18 January 2011.
* The position will commence by 21 February 2011.
Any questions about the position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the internet and free software technologies to create social and environmental change. We believe independent media and free and open technologies are fundamental to building the movements needed to challenge social injustice and environmental damage, as well as to provide and present solutions.
EngageMedia works with independent filmmakers, video activists, technologists, campaigners and social movements to generate wider audiences for their vital messages and move people to action.
EngageMedia is an equal opportunity employer that aims to create a productive, creative and collective working environment both within its office and virtual work spaces.
For more information, go to http://www.engagemedia.org/about-us